PDA

View Full Version : Intake tunning ?

EviL_8
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone i was thinking about switching back to my stock intake and stealth moding it for a open element filter the thing is it has a dynoflash mail in flash for the injen intake kit walbro 255 and TBE do you think it would be safe to do this without retuneing because i wanted to wait to re-tune on some cams thanks

EviL_8
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
im thinking it might not matter to much because im gunna use the same filter just the rubber intake insted of the metal one gunna keep the licp on and put back stock uicp because haveing a car that stands out in a small towm really sucks when the cops have a hard on for you

spooolin4g63
04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
i was told it will matter, i would ask your tuner see what he says

gOt BoOsT
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
i wouldnt use dyno flash...unless you want to be part of the kaboom krew ;)

EviL_8
04-19-2009, 10:49 PM
really the tune seems to be fine car pulls good although i did whant to take it to a dyno and have a custom tune put on it and see what it can put down anyone know a good tunner close by im about 3 hrs north of sac and what they charge thanks

bricel24
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
really the tune seems to be fine car pulls good although i did whant to take it to a dyno and have a custom tune put on it and see what it can put down anyone know a good tunner close by im about 3 hrs north of sac and what they charge thanks

No tuner in this forum. Period. Why? Coz NCE is the sux and banned the good contributing people that's why nobody is on here anymore, just noobs. (And I will bet my fat ass that I will get banned AGAIN for saying this :))

Follow my sig. We'll be able to help you out and recommend you the best bay area Evo tuner there is; who cares for his customers and their cars.

bricel24
04-19-2009, 11:18 PM
DynoFlash = the bomb! Literally. Get that out of your ECU before anything happens.

aaevol9
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Im not a big fan of mail in flashes due to the fact that every car is different no two cars are the same...on the other statement ur tune will be thrown off a little bit by switching back to stock air box, nothing catostrophic but ur afr's are prob gonna run a little on the rich side.

PAT@FFTEC
04-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Since you threw in the flash have you had a chance to have it on a dyno?

At the very least if you don't have access to a local tuner or dyno i would try and find someone with an 02 sensor set-up like the innovate brand so you can at least make some pulls and have someone keep an eye out for you afr's.

If not we are located in Union City CA a bit of a stretch but well worth it!

EviL_8
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
No i havent been able to put it on a dyno yet im like 3-4 hrs away from nearest dyno i think im gunna get evoscan and do some logs and maby a wide band setup so i can compare the intakes and see if ther are any drastic changes and i would like to come down one day and get custom tuned so i can get some real numbers and reliable tune thanks for all the help guys

PAT@FFTEC
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
No i havent been able to put it on a dyno yet im like 3-4 hrs away from nearest dyno i think im gunna get evoscan and do some logs and maby a wide band setup so i can compare the intakes and see if ther are any drastic changes and i would like to come down one day and get custom tuned so i can get some real numbers and reliable tune thanks for all the help guys
If you have yet to get to a dyno, haven't had access to a reliable wideband, or have not gotten any logs.......I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL trusting a mail-order tune :icon_axe:

It's not to say you can't go that route but it puts more of the liability in the owner's hands to do just as i have rec'd.

On my old cobra i did a mail-order tune and he said he'd do a race tune for me as well but that required loading a map and testing it on the strip, reviewing the logs, and trying again and again until done.....that still required a wideband though obviously.

RREVOVIII
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
im thinking it might not matter to much because im gunna use the same filter just the rubber intake insted of the metal one gunna keep the licp on and put back stock uicp because haveing a car that stands out in a small towm really sucks when the cops have a hard on for you
if your current tune is that good, and your MAF is not scaled for the metal intake pipe, in which for a mail in flash i doubt he did. you should be fine, even having the stock uicp in there. i have done this to my car and my car was fine, no knocks. Its a different story if you go back with the Stock Air Box, and stock licp... but since you have not logged or dynoed your car, you must take it to a nearest place where you can get it on a dyno and have it tune....

batosai
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
....the good contributing people that's why nobody is on here anymore, just noobs. (And I will bet my fat ass that I will get banned AGAIN for saying this :))....

but us noobs also need to start somewhere right brice?(and yea, I'm on the other sites as well)...hope no banning takes place...again...