PDA

View Full Version : questions about tuning?

netto
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
hey guys im rather new in the evo world. i just picked it up not to long ago. the car came with a vishnu xede chip and i have been doing a lot of messing around here and i really dont want to keep this. the real question is can anybody else tune the chip other than vishnu or should i sell it and get a ecuflash from the other well know tuners here in the bay. i have heard great things about fftec and speedelement and would like to have my tuning done at one of these places. any input would be great.

RREVOVIII
05-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Get rid of it, and have it tune with EcuFlash..........

Kings Fan
05-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Junk that piece of shat Xede and go to either GST or Full Function. Speed Element no longer tunes =(

You also want to have all your mods in place before tuning. Also look into running E85 if you want big power numbers.

netto
05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys yeah I'm almost done with my mods. hey how much does it cost to get me ecu flashed? Thanks for the input guys. Also no e85 for me it's my dd and their is no station around me to get it. I live in the city.

Kings Fan
05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
GST charges something like 400 for a map. FF, according to their website charges 180ish per hour of tuning on ecuflash. Make sure you do a boost leak test prior to getting tuned.

joeevo
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Junk that piece of shat Xede and go to either GST or Full Function. Speed Element no longer tunes =(

You also want to have all your mods in place before tuning. Also look into running E85 if you want big power numbers.
what happen to andy at speedlelement?....do dont une anymore and they say why?...i got my tune there...awww

thanks joe...welcome by the way!!!!!!!!

RREVOVIII
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
what happen to andy at speedlelement?....do dont une anymore and they say why?...i got my tune there...awww

thanks joe...welcome by the way!!!!!!!!Andy went back to School to finish up a degree.....

spooolin4g63
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
give FFTEC a call talk to sean or ernesto

joshesh
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
GST charges something like 400 for a map. FF, according to their website charges 180ish per hour of tuning on ecuflash. Make sure you do a boost leak test prior to getting tuned.

Just go to Bryan, GST = best place for evo's and subies hands down

netto
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey guys went to speed element today to pick up a Air filter and then headed out to fftec to check the place out . Sean and Ernesto were were very helpful and I'm going to get a couple more parts for my ride and she is ready for a tune and will be getting it done at fftec. Oh yeah the xede is going to be removed. Thanks guys for your help/input.

Boost Demon
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Full Function (FFtec) has been around the 4g63 for awhile, so either way your in good hands.

Just curious, but how easy was the Xede to use? I know they went pretty fast with it, but that was when the stock ECU was still a mystery.

netto
05-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Well I just picked up the car about 2 months ago and it already had the chip on it so I don't know much about using it. So now that the ecu flash is not a problem anymore Im going to get rid of it.

flyin_low
05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Your car will be in good hands at Full Function.