PDA

View Full Version : doesn't want to pull at times

chris
04-24-2005, 02:19 AM
well rececently i just changed my spark plugs wires to magnecor 8.5mm an plugs to NGK BPR7ES. my stock ones were still fine.... anyways i was just stepping it on it just realy in third and it seemed like it was hesistating or "hipcup" for a split sec and didn't want to pull then came back to pulling then back to the hipcup? shift to 4th happen for just once... any idea what it could be? i had stepped on it 10mins before that as well just to see and it worked fine but after it jjust felt weird.

could it be the weather being to cold or somethin else?

earlyapex
04-24-2005, 10:47 AM
well rececently i just changed my spark plugs wires to magnecor 8.5mm an plugs to NGK BPR7ES. my stock ones were still fine.... anyways i was just stepping it on it just realy in third and it seemed like it was hesistating or "hipcup" for a split sec and didn't want to pull then came back to pulling then back to the hipcup? shift to 4th happen for just once... any idea what it could be? i had stepped on it 10mins before that as well just to see and it worked fine but after it jjust felt weird.

could it be the weather being to cold or somethin else?

What gap are you using on the plugs?

carbonevo8
04-24-2005, 11:06 AM
yeah check the gap and also make sure you push the plug wires down really good they have a tendency to not make contact or back off the plug

jbigelow
04-24-2005, 11:43 AM
yeah check the gap and also make sure you push the plug wires down really good they have a tendency to not make contact or back off the plug

just like carbonevo8 said.

chris
04-24-2005, 01:37 PM
the gap is around .027 or .27 watever that is lol... but ill to make sure to push it in all the way to make sure.

jbigelow
04-24-2005, 06:16 PM
the gap is around .027 or .27 watever that is lol... but ill to make sure to push it in all the way to make sure.

the gap is ok there on top of the spark plug.

you need to make sure the other end is pushed in tightly since air pockets can be there.

-john

vtluu
04-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Didn't you notice? Seems to be a common problem with the Magnecors.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3877
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3787

Ultimately the only solution that worked for me was putting the stock wires back in.

twEeker
04-24-2005, 10:35 PM
It does seem like alot of people are having problems with the magnecores. I installed them later on that day we met up to get them at starbucks, took it to the track the week after, and have had no problems what so ever. Maybe I'm just lucky so far. Just my .2.

chris
04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
doh!! i guess im one of the unlucky one. well i put my stock wires back on and its fine...

carbonevo8
04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine either. I would suggest contacting david bushcur or magnacore and I'm sure they will take care of you.

MarkSAE
04-24-2005, 11:00 PM
I haven't had a problem with my magnecors. But I never really have the opportunity to push my car to the top of 4th either. I've done to the top of 3rd gear w/o any misfire problems. Driveability is fine also.

chris
04-24-2005, 11:13 PM
well driveability is fine. just when im up top on third, or 4th... it happens.

EvoVIII
04-25-2005, 01:49 AM
does this wire do you guys any good? seems like lots of people are having problem with this wires

jbigelow
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
does this wire do you guys any good? seems like lots of people are having problem with this wires

works freat for me!!!!