PDA

View Full Version : another chp rant.

nightferret
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
so im headed up i80 towards reno and not really paying any attention to anything but the car in front of me. then my radar detector goes off . obviously to late. so the officer came up beside me and the car that was in front of me and pulled the car over. i thought they were just going to pull the outher car over not me so i exit the freeway. as im driving down the road 10 minutes later a chp comes up from behing with their lights on and apperently they had an airplane following me the whole time. now i have another speeding ticket (84 in a 65) within 2 months of the last one. got to love it!:icon_banghead:

now 2 days later im in south lake tahoe with my girlfriend and a chp officer dives past me the opposite way and i see him stear my car down as he drives by. once i get down the road a ways he comes up behind me and pulls me over. so he pulles me over for my exhasust and checks my car out the whole "pop the hood" bs. at least he didnt give me a ticket but still an inconvience. its not like im out in tahoe with my girl looking for people to race.

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
so im headed up i80 towards reno and not really paying any attention to anything but the car in front of me. then my radar detector goes off . obviously to late. so the officer came up beside me and the car that was in front of me and pulled the car over. i thought they were just going to pull the outher car over not me so i exit the freeway. as im driving down the road 10 minutes later a chp comes up from behing with their lights on and apperently they had an airplane following me the whole time. now i have another speeding ticket (84 in a 65) within 2 months of the last one. got to love it!:icon_banghead:

now 2 days later im in south lake tahoe with my girlfriend and a chp officer dives past me the opposite way and i see him stear my car down as he drives by. once i get down the road a ways he comes up behind me and pulls me over. so he pulles me over for my exhasust and checks my car out the whole "pop the hood" bs. at least he didnt give me a ticket but still an inconvience. its not like im out in tahoe with my girl looking for people to race.

damn! Sorry to here that man. Its really Crazy out there now a days.....

WWEVOVIII
09-17-2009, 12:42 AM

wow this is ridiculous wow, sorry to hear that man, just be carefull try not to drive your car as much when you go to places that your not really familier with :(.

ricardomotorhead
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Im sorry to hear that, We all have to be careful regardless of what type of vehicle we drive, Cops are just on the alert, the States needs to generate some money at any cause.
In regards of the tahoe street racing scene LOL, that was funny, " hey dude you wanna race? LOL you mean "Hey dude, you wanna see who can spin the tires on the snow through all gears faster without hitting the snow bank?"

sho_evo_209
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Im sorry to hear that, We all have to be careful regardless of what type of vehicle we drive, Cops are just on the alert, the States needs to generate some money at any cause.
In regards of the tahoe street racing scene LOL, that was funny, " hey dude you wanna race? LOL you mean "Hey dude, you wanna see who can spin the tires on the snow through all gears faster without hitting the snow bank?"
haha lol.. :icon_drivingskid:

Sales@m4
09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I thought the state was broke? But we some how still have money to keep airplanes up for speeders? Nice, makes perfect sense to burn thousands of dollars worth a fuel to pass out some speeding tickets.

evilevo
09-17-2009, 08:10 PM
And they didn't pull u over for 10 mins after!!! Sounds like something is fishey-I'd hire a lawyer.I ended up having to hire one cause I got 2 in 2 months (both CHP!!!)
The guy took care of both of them (one was 87 in a 65 with lidar). Best money I ever spent, no higher insureance, no points from DMV and I got my bail money back.

ricardomotorhead
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
And they didn't pull u over for 10 mins after!!! Sounds like something is fishey-I'd hire a lawyer.I ended up having to hire one cause I got 2 in 2 months (both CHP!!!)
The guy took care of both of them (one was 87 in a 65 with lidar). Best money I ever spent, no higher insureance, no points from DMV and I got my bail money back.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the layer bill though? and where do you look for a layer? ( Just in case :) )

savaho
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
i speed all the time. the only person to blame would be myself if i were to get a ticket. do you have a V1 radar? it's already paid for itself many times over

evilevo
09-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the layer bill though? and where do you look for a layer? ( Just in case :) )
He is out of Berkeley, I found him though another lawyer and it depends on where the case is. One was in Oakland and the other was in Walnut Creek. The one in Oakland was 1000.00 and the one in Walnut Creek 1250.00 but it was worth it because the insurance alone for those two tickets was an extra 150.00 a month for three years!!!($5400) I ended up saving $3150, money that I can put into my car instead of giving it to the rip off insurance company. No accidents, just tickets, over 25 years old, and they rake me over the coals for premiums.

koalaevo8
09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
hey man sorry to hear that. yeah the cops are just trying to get anyone now. i think there in need of money. i got busted about a month ago locked up for a speed contest. it cost me 2100 to get my car back. sadly it was an undercover cop who call in chp. he pop y hood and luckly i did not get state ref.

ludachris
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
He is out of Berkeley, I found him though another lawyer and it depends on where the case is. One was in Oakland and the other was in Walnut Creek. The one in Oakland was 1000.00 and the one in Walnut Creek 1250.00 but it was worth it because the insurance alone for those two tickets was an extra 150.00 a month for three years!!!($5400) I ended up saving $3150, money that I can put into my car instead of giving it to the rip off insurance company. No accidents, just tickets, over 25 years old, and they rake me over the coals for premiums.

Yeah, with the insurance rate jumps, you gotta fight it. Congrats on winning the case.

twint
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
got luck on the "open the hood"... me not so lucky :(