PDA

View Full Version : Fix It Ticket. Anyone have a full stock evo 9 exhaust system?

vietoinkoink
11-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Got a fix it ticket for modified exhaust...... If any of you guys/gals have one that I can borrow or purchase that'll be very helpful.

Thanks
Mike

TMALLARI
11-25-2009, 03:18 PM
i got one back in august for mod can but then a week later the cop sent another letter to make it uncorrectable. So be cautious if they send you bs. I got my ticket signed off and sent it in to the court and case close. Im crossing my finger hoping that they dont make it a big deal cuz they wanted almost 5 bill for an uncorrectable fix it tick. Luckily they didnt require me to ref it.

Twentyrk
11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Was that you today in the silver evo with a roof rack that got pulled over by a motorcycle cop? lol I think I saw you when I got out of school. I was in the silver 8.

warpspeed
11-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I always fight my fix it when it comes to exhaust. My arguement is always asking:" how is it modified when my aftermarket exhaust is installed in all the stock mounting places?" The only thing he "can" write my up on is the decibel levels and the officer didn't put that down. I sometimes make a remark to the judge saying, "if my exhaust is modified(changed) from stock, then those muffler shops should close down." So far the judge agree. Because the officer has to be very specific when he writes the ticket. Any discrepencies nulls the ticket.

EvOlUtIoN_IX_SE
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
you can just pay it off if you dont want to go through that hassle btw

vietoinkoink
11-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Yes, I just raced a srt8 magmun and beat him pretty badly. Won my self a fix it ticket plus a speeding ticket. cop said he was goin to cut me a break. didnt write me up for racing exibition of speed. he asked me if i wanted to spend my thanksgiving in jail. and couldve impounded my car for 30 days.... i had a big break.... thank god. Yes i do have a roof rack on my evo.

vietoinkoink
11-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks. I think im better off paying for it than rather go look for a stock exhaust.

RREVOVIII
11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
damn! sorry to hear that bro...

ricardomotorhead
11-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, I just raced a srt8 magmun and beat him pretty badly. Won my self a fix it ticket plus a speeding ticket. cop said he was goin to cut me a break. didnt write me up for racing exibition of speed. he asked me if i wanted to spend my thanksgiving in jail. and couldve impounded my car for 30 days.... i had a big break.... thank god. Yes i do have a roof rack on my evo.
:nono:, tsk, tsk No racing outside of the track please, Sorry to hear you got a ticket, be safe out there though please.

betty
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
My story might help... I got pulled over by a CHP (girl) officer and she got me for a modified exhaust. She told me it was a fix it ticket and later I found out that she made it an uncorrectable citation. I did some research and found out that you get a free State Referee test to see if your modified exhaust is "legal" I went to the Ref (with an exhaust silencer) and my exhaust passed the decibel test so they signed my ticket off. I made an uncorrectable citation correctable. I ended up paying $30 for paperwork. I also have proof now that my exhaust is not "illegal"

ricardomotorhead
11-27-2009, 12:36 PM
^^^ so is your exhaust "legal" or did you mean to say "illegal"? in the last sentence?

betty
11-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I made the correction. lol the state ref gave me a certificate saying that my exhaust is not illegal.

ricardomotorhead
11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I made the correction. lol the state ref gave me a certificate saying that my exhaust is not illegal.

That is awesome, how long ago was this? because Im aware that things have change for the worse now on days, as the state is trying to generate more income, making excuses to pull all of us over even for no reason.

RREVOVIII
11-28-2009, 09:37 PM

its not illegal because you have the silencer on it. :wink: Catback exhaust becomes illegal if they exceeds the DB limits allowed...

betty
11-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Ricardomotorhead, this happened like 2 months ago. The state ref did tell me that I was lucky because they were going to change the law about exhausts and silencers pretty soon. He did not give me much detail but he did mention that a silencer was not going to help much once the law changes. So RREVOVIII, you are 100% correct.

EvOlUtIoN_IX_SE
12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
98Db to be exact i belive..correct me if im wrong

ArtEvoIX
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Ricardomotorhead, this happened like 2 months ago. The state ref did tell me that I was lucky because they were going to change the law about exhausts and silencers pretty soon. He did not give me much detail but he did mention that a silencer was not going to help much once the law changes. So RREVOVIII, you are 100% correct.

I am difinitely going to use my stock catback like Mark(Darthevo) if it happens.

betty
12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I still have my stock cat-back in my garage. Just in case it happens again. Its also available if someone needs to borrow it.

ricardomotorhead
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I am difinitely going to use my stock catback like Mark(Darthevo) if it happens.

Remember, I've been rocking my Frankenstein TB exhaust :), 3" downpipe, HFC, Greddy TiC piping to a custom axle back piping and stock muffler. No issues what soever, that way I can always just remove the last piece of the exhaust if I ever want to hear the lovely sounds again, I would recommend you do the same. Either that or CO. Im doing that thais year.

warpspeed
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
98Db to be exact i belive..correct me if im wrong

As far as I know it is 95db.

Modification of Exhaust Systems

27151. (a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance with the provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 27200). No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust system so modified.
(b) For the purposes of exhaust systems installed on motor vehicles with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of less than 6,000 pounds, other than motorcycles, a sound level of 95 dbA or less, when tested in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers Standard J1169 May 1998, complies with this section. Motor vehicle exhaust systems or parts thereof include, but are not limited to, nonoriginal exhaust equipment.

Amended Sec. 10, Ch. 92, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.

They haven't changed it as far as I know.

Just to add. Read the first section very carefully. It says that we cannot "modify" our exhaust where it increases the db noise level. This tells me that I can "modify" my exhaust as long as I don't go over the db limit, therefore the officer can't just say I have a modified exhaust. He has to say that it is to loud and without a decibel meter, I would fight it.