PDA

View Full Version : throttle body issue...

DRFTR8
06-26-2005, 10:49 PM
i just installed a new works throttle body in my car... but now the idle keeps going up and down... specially when i come to a stop.. it will start from 1k then it will rise slowly to 1500 then it will tapper off then it will drop for a second then back up again.. i installed everything correctly.. is there anything else i need to do..do i need to unplug the ECU so it can reset with the new throttle body installed?...

earlyapex
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Did you adjust your BISS screw?

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/BISS-2G.html

Make sure your vacumn lines where put back on and correctly?

ace33joe
06-27-2005, 12:37 AM
I guess checking vacuum line is a good idea.

Sometimes the throttle cable is not released fully after releasing the accelerator pedal, and makes that kind of problem. You might want to check whether throttle cable is sticky when the pedal is moving.

Jamie@WORKS
06-27-2005, 07:11 PM
i just installed a new works throttle body in my car... but now the idle keeps going up and down... specially when i come to a stop.. it will start from 1k then it will rise slowly to 1500 then it will tapper off then it will drop for a second then back up again.. i installed everything correctly.. is there anything else i need to do..do i need to unplug the ECU so it can reset with the new throttle body installed?...

Check all your vacuum lines. The idle hunting up and down is a pretty good indicator there may be a leak somewhere.

V8KiLL3R
06-28-2005, 08:30 PM
dude did you fix this issue?

MitsuMan
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
yep id say you have an air leak try spraying brake cleaner around the gasket and the vac lines and look for a cahnge in RPM or just take it bake to the manufactureer and see what the say

DRFTR8
06-28-2005, 10:46 PM

yes its fixed... i just had to adjust the screw and it fixed the problem... the car runs great...

earlyapex
06-28-2005, 10:47 PM

yes its fixed... i just had to adjust the screw and it fixed the problem... the car runs great...

You're welcome. :)

DRFTR8
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
BTW thanks for your quick thinking earlyapex... :D

earlyapex
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
BTW thanks for your quick thinking earlyapex... :D

anytime.... See, I'm not always an asshole. :shock:

V8KiLL3R
06-28-2005, 11:53 PM

bet it runs tight now huh?

MarkSAE
06-29-2005, 06:56 AM
yep id say you have an air leak try spraying brake cleaner around the gasket and the vac lines and look for a cahnge in RPM or just take it bake to the manufactureer and see what the say

Spray brake cleaner around the gasket to find a leak??? If there is a leak, the brake cleaner will get sucked into the engine. Brake cleaner is corrosive and can possibly damage a gasket and cause a further leak.

Best way to find an leak is to do a pressure test.

300kpa
06-29-2005, 08:52 AM

Spray brake cleaner around the gasket to find a leak??? If there is a leak, the brake cleaner will get sucked into the engine. Brake cleaner is corrosive and can possibly damage a gasket and cause a further leak.

Best way to find an leak is to do a pressure test.

Not brake cleaner... it should be Carburator Cleaner. Not to confuse the two and cause bigger problems.

Whooopasss
06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Mike, just start the car and let it idle, then dump a bucket of water on your engine. If it stays alive then your ok, if it dies then you're screwed.

jrnot
06-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Mike, just start the car and let it idle, then dump a bucket of water on your engine. If it stays alive then your ok, if it dies then you're screwed.

:lol: