PDA

View Full Version : TUNING.........ON A BUDGET.

TogueMonster
07-26-2005, 06:47 AM
SAVING FOR A WEDDING AND A NEW HOME = NO CASH FOR UPGRADES....... OR VERY LITTLE OF IT ANYWAYS. BUT WHATS A GUY TO DO?....THIS! ITS NOT A PRETTY BLITZ INDUCTION COVER LIKE I WANTED IT TO BE, BUT IT CAME OUT JUST FINE NONETHELESS. I TRIED TO TAKE MY TIME AND DO IT PROPERLY. JUST GOT THE GRILL IN THE MAIL TODAY, I'LL TRY TO POST A PIC OF IT WITH THE MESH INSTALLED LATER ON. ZERO PROBLEMOS, RUNS LIKE IT WAS STOCK. LOUDER SPOOL UP AND BLOW OFF SOUND. ENJOY MY COMPARISON PHOTO. LATER GUYS.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/TOGUEMONVS.jpg

vtluu
07-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Can't afford a CAPS LOCK key even? :lol:

Dr. Evo
07-26-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't see alot of point to these open air intakes inside the hot engine compartment. Any body see any gain at all from the Blitz cover? I would thinkall you would accomplish is to pull in hot air from the underhood, instead of the cold air from outside, thus losing power.

carbonevo8
07-26-2005, 09:57 AM
maybe its me but this would be the point of an intercooler. air that comes in then hits the turbo and becomes hot no matter what. i believe nebolic has the blitz induction maybe he will chime in on this one :idea:

Unowned
07-26-2005, 10:08 AM
maybe its me but this would be the point of an intercooler. air that comes in then hits the turbo and becomes hot no matter what. i believe nebolic has the blitz induction maybe he will chime in on this one :idea:

I'm running the AEM intake and i don't notice any difference and i have dynos to prove it's better than stock (MR DV also). So yes in theory it should not effect the performance.

Dr. Evo
07-26-2005, 12:47 PM

This is true, however the colder (ie denser, ie more oxygen per cubic inch)the air is you bring in initially, the colder and denser it can potentially be, meaning more oxygen in the motor, more boost, more power, more good stuff, with less knock :D . Remember that the turbo compresses the air, and if the air is already dense to begin with, it doesn't have to work as hard to do it's job, thus raising the temperature of the incoming air less, and allowing the IC to be more efficient. If it doesn't seem to be affecting performance then good. I would just like to see an AF reading of before and after this type of mod. In all honesty, there probably wouldn't be any type of difference until the boost levels were raised significantly. I was just throwing my .02 out there :wink:

TogueMonster
07-27-2005, 08:43 AM
This guy always has something to say, doesn't he??:roll:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/partymarty/jerkstore.jpg

Boostd4
07-27-2005, 08:53 AM
This guy always has something to say, doesn't he??:roll:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/partymarty/jerkstore.jpg

Thats just Tam being Tam :D .

1StockEvo
07-27-2005, 06:58 PM
^^ What he said

vtluu
07-28-2005, 02:34 AM
I didn't get to 1200 posts (actual post count somewhere around 5000 probably) by keeping my mouth shut. :chatter:

One "n" in "tuning" BTW. :lol:

TogueMonster
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM

I think you meant to say "Can't even afford a CAPS LOCK key." Maybe next time. :lol:

crctslt
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Unowned has it right.

RT
07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Dyno a car in Fresno or Bakersfield on a 105 degree plus day with the hood closed and no fans and see what you end up with……