PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience at Stevens Creek Mitsubishi

rexg
08-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I went to Stevens Creek yesterday because they had on their website a deal for an Evo GSR for 27,999. I sent them an email and their internet rep called me back and said that if I was to go down there, they would give the car to me for 27,300. I rushed to San Jose, mind you I am in walnut creek which was a good 60 mile drive each way. When I arrived, they asked for my driver's license, the keys to my trade-in and my registration. We then test drove one of their Evos in stock. When we got back to the office, the completely changed their price and said that they could not give it to me at that price for various reasons.

To make the long story short, we didnt come to my terms and i wanted to leave noticing that they still did not give my car keys, my license and my registration. i looked for my car keys and they said it was on the sales desk and kept on talking. When i found the keys, they gave it to me but they lost my license. we looked for it for 15 minutes and found it I rushed out of their dealership because i knew there was something fishy about it. They also had to make me wait for like 30 minutes each time the sales rep went to talk to the manager. Only today, did I notice that they never did return my car registration when I actually traded my car in at Concord mitsu. Im both happy and pissed. Im happy because I have an Apex Silver GSR parked in my garage which I got from concord but im pissed because I have to call those people at Stevens Creek tomorrow to get them to look for my registration. Im just not happy in my experience at Stevens Creek.

Steiner
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I had a bad experience with their internet/fleet sales manager too. I emailed him for maybe 2 or 3 weeks asking about an '05 RS they were expecting to arrive shortly. I got an email on a Monday saying it was there so I told him I'd come by on Friday to look at it and take it for a drive. He said no problem on the test drive and he'll see me Friday. I called on Thursday night just to make sure we were still on. He said yep. I made the drive down there from San Ramon and when I showed up the asshat I'd been talking to said he sold the RS on Wednesday but had a bunch of '03 models I would like. I got the hell out of there fast. He asked if he could call me they got their next RS and I said don't bother.

rexg
08-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah seems kinda shady. I called them today to look for my registration card. I asked them to mail it to me. One of the guys said that they could not do it because of safety reasons. He ended up saying that I can have it mailed as long as i fax him my driver's license to prove that it was really me! I mean come on! they further said that they will not be held responsible if it gets lost in the mail! So I knew it was another shady tactic so i drove down there in my Evo with 7 miles on it. Now i have 134 miles because of their game. Well the good part was that I refueled my car when I got home and got 25.1mpg. I hope it stays that way. :)

stingerbtry
09-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Defintely a worthless group of people there. I saw in the newspaper this morning that they had 3 05's for $27 and some change and check their site and saw those and an MR so I drove to their dealership, only 30 miles away thankfully and they said that they didn't have any and that there were no more EVO's left in the United States. He said my only option was to come back in a few months and get an EVO IX from them or they would sell me a new eclipse which I never even mentioned. I told them that their were plenty of other dealships with EVO's and that I'd only made the drive to their place because of the fake a$$ price/cars they claimed to have. They just kept telling me I should buy the eclipse and about how nice it was and were still following after me talking about it when I got in my car and left. It defintely ranked up there with the worst dealership experience I've ever had anywhere in this country and I've lived all over. I will NEVER go back there unless they're giving them away for free. Veracom Mitsubishi in San Mateo is just about equally worthless in my experience so I'm not sure where I'll go next to try and find one. I live in Foster City, does anyone have any recommendations?

nut_tool
09-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Try San Rafael Mitsubishi. IMO they are the best dealership in the area.

hellz Evo
09-04-2005, 05:59 AM
if it was a printed add within valid date and a printed e-mail you can sue them. Also you can call BBB, it really helps. If Mitsi Japan wonders ehy every one stays away from their products? they should try shopping at a local mitsu dealer. I want to buy a nine , but I dont think I can put with their BS dealers.

Steiner
09-04-2005, 10:08 AM
+1

Call Chris O'Connel. He's the fleet manager and a huge Evo fan. Best car sales experience I've ever had was at SRM.

wilson1
09-04-2005, 10:38 AM
+1

Call Chris O'Connel. He's the fleet manager and a huge Evo fan. Best car sales experience I've ever had was at SRM.

+1000

I talked to Snorre on Friday, and he has 1GSR, and 5 RS's remaining.
So, if anyone wants one now with 0%, get your ass over there ASAP
:wink:

LEVIII
09-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Did they say anything to you about pulling up in an Evo you did not buy from them? I bet it pissed them off so much

BTW, I have a friend who used to sell cars and them telling you on the phone one price and then changing it when you get there is called "getting you in on a bubble" I guess its done all the time.

Also holding your personall belongings and "losing" them is another way to keep customers there for longer then they want to be there so they have more time to keep talking to them.

Similar thing happened to me, but I called Reno and drove there from sac for the only white one I could find and they said they could do 28,900 for it. I got there and they said if I could buy and Evo for 28.9 I should buy all I could and resale them. F***ing A**holes!!!!!!!!

panem
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
i had a bad time dealing with the ppl at stevens creek also. it took me like 3 weeks to get my evo. it was the close's mitsu dealer at my house. so i went there. first time i got there it took them really long to run my credit. and then they told me like to come back the next day b/c it was really taking that long. so i came back the next day and they said that im not able to get an evo, they tried to sell me a couple used cars like a wrx wagon, lexus is300 or a new ecplise. i was like NO i dont want any other cars besides the evo. so i left and like a week later they called me and told me i can get an evo, so i came back. i got my evo for bellow invoice price and bounce out as fast as i can. i dont think i'll ever go back to stevens creek again. it was a shitty exprience for me

turbotiger
09-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I've had a good experience with Serramonte Mitsubishi. We agreed on a price over the phone. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock but got one from another dealership. When it arrived, they called me in, I was in and out of there in about an hour total.

Everyone on here says San Rafael Mitsubishi is very pleasant to deal with as well.

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
09-15-2005, 11:15 AM
They are whole bunch of Assxxles. They change the price like changing diapers. i will never go back to those two dealship anymore. I rather drive a little bit longer and get better customer service. Also their service department sux big time. Who can recommand me a better dealer ship near cupertino area with better service department.

06IXMR
09-23-2005, 05:09 AM
I kinda want to go to Steven's Creek Mitsu and tell them to look on the forums and how they are losing customers pretty quick the way they act. When I went there about a month ago, They had a full lot for 32k. I asked them if I could get one for MSRP, then they tried to sell me a 06 Eclipse. Everyone out there should know not to shop at Steven's Creek Mitsu. Its probably the worse place you can get your Evo at.

JanSolo
09-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Everyone out there should know not to shop at Steven's Creek Mitsu. Its probably the worse place you can get your Evo at.

I think it's a close tie between Capitol Mitsu and Stevens Creek, both owned by the same guy.

Sh1n0san
09-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Everyone out there should know not to shop at Steven's Creek Mitsu. Its probably the worse place you can get your Evo at.

I think it's a close tie between Capitol Mitsu and Stevens Creek, both owned by the same guy.

+1

Boostd4
09-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I've had a good experience with Serramonte Mitsubishi. We agreed on a price over the phone. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock but got one from another dealership. When it arrived, they called me in, I was in and out of there in about an hour total.

Everyone on here says San Rafael Mitsubishi is very pleasant to deal with as well.

Ditto, had a great experience with Serramonte. They kinda hosed me a little on my trade in, but they gave me a great price on the Evo.

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
09-23-2005, 01:12 PM
exactly!!!! Im with you on this one. :lol:

G-Lo408
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Haha those f*** faces are retards, they did the same to me when I was signing the papers. I told the "sales manager" that that was not the price then he looked at it liek 10 times and asked me what is the price. I was like I saw it was 27,999 and on the paper it said it was 29,999 I was like naw dude. Then I wanted my dad on the registration for insurance purposes, he was like you don't need your dad, you are a grown man. I was like hahahah dude I came here to buy a car, not Doctor Phil. Then he said I will get my guy to get you low quote, the best!!!! :D I laugh and said ok lets see what you can do. Then I said can you tops 100 bucks a month? He looked shocked and said that is impossible. I said well put my dad's name on there then. He was ok ok let me see. After like forever the dude comes back and says we got good news, I got you a great deal 220 per month, I laugh again and said ummmm is that the best? I pissed off the "sales manager" and told him if you don't put my dad's name on the Registration then forget it. Then he was like o no we have to run a new credit check. I was like thats not my problem. He got more pissed hahahah fucker!!!! Then in the end he ended up messing up with my address and I had to go to DMV and report that they messed up on the address. Not a good experiece with them. First and last Mitsu I ever buy

$$Wino$$
11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
i bought my evo from stevens creek and didn't have the same experience...they let me drive it....i wasn't sure if i wanted it...came in a couple more times to take a look at it...the last time the manager guy said how bout i give it to you for invoice price? i said ok let me go see what the invoice price is online (didn't trust them) and i'll come back tomorrow if i like that price. Price was fine so i came back and bought it...I think i was out the door with the car about 30 mins after i came in...was nice and quick.. also haven't had any problem with the service department and they told me of a good body place when i wrecked the car.. Guess i got lucky

asloudasitgets
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
yep, i went in to look at the evo 9 mr. And well they be playing games with me with the price. I just walked the hell out cause i know this dealership from before when i bought my eclipse gst. I just went to see if that dealership even changed thier ways. No way same trashy dealership. I went there just to look at the evo and if i even smelled a sales rep. trying to pull any crap, which i did. I walked the hell out, without saying a word. They aint worth my time. :lol:

craziazzmofo66
12-31-2005, 07:18 PM
man....dont ever go to stevens creek or capital...they're all pretty damn shady...i bought mine at capital and we were all goin back and forth about the price and they finally called me and said they'll give me the car for the price i wanted...so i drove back down and they suddenly say it was a thousand bucks more...so i percided to walk out when the manager came runnin after me to actually give me the deal....

and i know stevens creek is shady as fuk is because i use to be a salesman at the toyota dealer....hahaha

e_vol
01-04-2006, 01:32 PM
San Rafael Mitsubishi are the BEST - no joke here. They have the best car buying experience and they have a speed shop right next door.

Stevens Creek is the WORST WORST WORST!!! Total old school sales tactics. They also own Stevens Creek Subaru and Capital Mitsubishi.

turboevo8
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I bought my car from Stevens Creek Mitsu., But I hate them. They suck and I would never go there again. The only reason I got it from there is I ended up getting a really good price.
I was there for 5 hours and the Fleet Manager promised me I would be out within a hour. The finance guy is the biggest a$$hole also.

They played that game of can't find my keys, etc.... When I picked the car I wanted they said they couldn't give me that one cause it was not prepped etc.... they tried to sell me a new car that was scratched on the side, as if I didn't see it. They were trying to play all sorts of games with me. I even told the owner he is trying to screw me and I am leaving. They wouldn't let me test drive the car without being commited to buying it. I ended up getting the car for $2000 under invoice KBB.

But not sure it was worth it. I went to San Rafel Mitsu. to take the EFI101 class and those guys are cool! I would of gotten it there if i met them earlier.

--anonimuz
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
I would never buy from them again.... the only reason I bought the car.. the salesperson actually let me drive the car unlike some other dealerships...