View Full Version : APS Cold Air Intake

egui42
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
What do you guys think about this?

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/evo/hfa/apsevo-hfa_01.htm

Anybody have it?

SouthernCrane
08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
To get that intake you have to buy their intercooler sprayer reservoir. How much does that jack up the price?

egui42
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
$275 for both, shipped

Unowned
08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
wonder if it'll fit for 05s without the sprayers

egui42
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
wonder if it'll fit for 05s without the sprayers

I don't think it fits 05's, b/c of the ACD. :cry:

SouthernCrane
08-17-2005, 12:47 PM
The only problem you have now is that it won't have a CARB number, unless you don't care about that.

DaveLC2
09-07-2005, 09:38 PM
The only problem you have now is that it won't have a CARB number, unless you don't care about that.

My buddy is a smog tech and told me that they made revisions for 2005 and just as long as everything is hooked up to the intake it does not require a CARB number to be smog legal. I will try to get more info on what section this is in.

Dave

Unowned
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM

My buddy is a smog tech and told me that they made revisions for 2005 and just as long as everything is hooked up to the intake it does not require a CARB number to be smog legal. I will try to get more info on what section this is in.

Dave

how about the rest of the toys like intercooler/piping

DaveLC2
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM

Dave

how about the rest of the toys like intercooler/piping

You know I have to double check with him on this but I don't believe they are concerned with intercoolers and piping as it doesn't affect emissions like injectors,pre-cat exh mods ect. Let me double check before I put my foot in my mouth.

Dave

DaveLC2
09-07-2005, 10:09 PM
This kit does look pretty nice. I like the fact that the filter is away from the heat. Anyone have this kit yet?

Dave

earlyapex
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Tell that to the cop that pulls you over and pops your hood.

DaveLC2
09-07-2005, 10:26 PM

Tell that to the cop that pulls you over and pops your hood.

You could always show him that exact section in a printed copy but they probably won't care.

Dave