PDA

View Full Version : Should NorCalEvo move to the SoCalEvo forum software?

JanSolo
09-13-2005, 08:52 AM
We need your feedback regarding a change in our forum software. Should NorCalEvo keeps it's current look and feel or do you think it should migrate over to the same software that SoCalEvo (http://www.socalevo.net) is using?

Before answering, please take the time to look at the features that SoCalEvo's software has to offer. It can be confusing initially, but it does not have features that are beyond what the current version of PHPBB has to offer (NorCalEvo uses PHPBB forum software).

This poll will only run for 2 weeks.

vtluu
09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I like the fact that you can choose not to display people's sigs and avatars, and you can have an ignore-list to ignore certain people's posts. The interface may be a bit more annoying, but at least it allows you to better deal with annoying people (who are far worse than an annoying interface). 8)

Turkinator
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I vote 'yes.'

This looks very similar to what Forzacentral.com uses, which is another forum I consult frequently.

I like the filtering function and the ability to jump around the forum with the pull down menu at the bottom.

Cheers,

Turk

wilson1
09-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Jan,

What is the most annoying things about the socal's software?
Please let us know the advantages and disadvantages of both.

Thanks!

JanSolo
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Jan,

What is the most annoying things about the socal's software?
Please let us know the advantages and disadvantages of both.

You have to decide for yourself what you find annoying about SoCalEvo.

The advantages are mostly in administrative functions which are invisible to the users and the search function, which is more accurate on SoCalEvo's forum software versus NorCalEvo's. Anyhow, you should decide based upon usability, ease of navigation, etc. So take a look at the SoCalEvo forum software and vote accordingly.

Remember - this is about your opinion, not mine. Otherwise, we would make the decision without ever making a voting topic in the first place.

vtluu
09-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Otherwise, we would make the decision without ever making a voting topic in the first place.
Do it! Who care what Wilson thinks anyway? :nana: ;)

On a more pragmatic note, since SCE is already on the new software, wouldn't it be less burdensome for NCE to use the same?

MarkSAE
09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I do like how it lets you subscribe to threads without needing to reply. Is there a way to speed up the reply notification email here? I don't always receive all of them and a lot of them are delayed by hours sometimes.

lqdchkn
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I vote yes, it will seem less annoying if we're both the same.

JanSolo
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I do like how it lets you subscribe to threads without needing to reply. Is there a way to speed up the reply notification email here? I don't always receive all of them and a lot of them are delayed by hours sometimes.

No, unfortunately we are the victims of the software in all it's evilness. People had a lot of complaints about SoCalEvo.net not responding to thread replies, but it appears as if the new forum software alleviated those issues. So in theory, it might fix it for us as well.