PDA

View Full Version : Helix 02 housing size compared with stock.

Gruppe-S
09-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

I thought this might be interesting for those of you that are thinking about upgrading to a bigger O2 housing.

As for power, I have recently replaced my stock unit with the Helix and noticed a much faster spool up and better top end. {thumbup}

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Promo/o2housing1.jpghttp://www.gruppe-s.com/Promo/o2housing2.jpg
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Promo/o2housing3.jpg

Thanks,
Tom

STR8DVS
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
I have that o2 housing also I am just wating to get a new downpipe nextweek before I install it. So I am glad to hear that it does make a diffrences.

nightwalker
10-03-2005, 10:24 AM
what's this gripe I hear about the Helix and other aftermarket o2 housings not having the factory bracket. I haven't had a chance to really look at the housing itself yet on my car, but I'm wondering how important this bracket is. I'm planning on a complete exhaust system as my first mod, so this I'm really interested in this piece.

stockEVO8
10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
i've had the HELIX o2 housing for almost a year now and i haven't had any problems wid it...

gotta love that faster spool tho 8)

LEVIII
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
WHat size outlet does that Helix unit have on it?

MarkSAE
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Is Helix gonna come out w/ a version 2 of this housing that incorporates the bracket mount?

evo_dadi
10-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Is Helix gonna come out w/ a version 2 of this housing that incorporates the bracket mount?
+1 i would get one if they did 8)

bdking57
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
No complaints here on mine.. its been on for over a year, the bad part I need to get get smogged.. and I cant take this piece off.. its sorta a dead give away.. especially since its SS, and the factory cover doesnt go on it.. plus its an intensive install. Think there is anyway for me to disquise this part?

Matz
10-04-2005, 11:18 AM
No complaints here on mine.. its been on for over a year, the bad part I need to get get smogged.. and I cant take this piece off.. its sorta a dead give away.. especially since its SS, and the factory cover doesnt go on it.. plus its an intensive install. Think there is anyway for me to disquise this part?

Maybe fabricate a really simple adapter to get the factory cover to hide the O2 housing?

Unowned
10-04-2005, 12:21 PM

find a way to get Rust and dust stuck everywhere on it.

I went to Gruppe-S and i got to feel a difference in weight between the two pieces... wow good front end reduction of 5-7 lbs (Iron sucks)

nightwalker
10-08-2005, 12:30 AM
bdking, why would you need to get smogged? New cars are exempt for five years from the year they are sold.

EvoVIII
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
bdking, why would you need to get smogged? New cars are exempt for five years from the year they are sold.
coz he got his car from another state

EVO GRIM
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey Bri do you have your stock o2 housing still? Maybe I'll take a crack at home porting and polishing!

chris
10-08-2005, 07:23 AM
over a year. mine works perfect =)

STR8DVS
10-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I just put my o2 housing on and theris on bolt hole left at the top of the turbo so you can mount the shild. also smog tecs wont care as long as the o2 sensor is ther.

evo_dadi
10-08-2005, 02:32 PM
sorry to say this but any aftermarket o2 housing will not pass smog.not unless it exactly looks like stock.even if the o2 sensor is there you just modified the housing :wink:

bdking57
10-13-2005, 08:40 AM
sorry to say this but any aftermarket o2 housing will not pass smog.not unless it exactly looks like stock.even if the o2 sensor is there you just modified the housing :wink:

you need to take it to the right shop.. when i was a famosa there were tons of advertisments for accurate smog testing for "custom cars".. :) Im from jersey.. a state with even tougher emissions control. I learned a little about how these things work.