PDA

View Full Version : Strange clunking sound: snapped sway bar mount

bdking57
10-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Well I was hearing this strange clunking/ pinging sound all week.. Finally got under my car and found half the bracket for the hotchkis rear sway bar is completely gone.. I believe I have one of the originals and run it on full stiff.. Im contacting hotchkis today to see if they can overnight me a new bracket in time for autox this weekend ( I heard they have been great with replacing broken brackets)..kinda sucks it broke though, but I guess you get what you pay for. :(

Cameron@xperformance
10-20-2005, 07:14 AM
that sucks man...hope you can get a new one

vtluu
10-20-2005, 07:18 AM
This is a very common problem with the Hotchkis bar. When did you get yours? I've snapped 2 sets of mounts and ChrisW has broken more than one as well. The new thicker version seems to be holding up better but I keep a close eye on it too.

I think ChrisW has said he has a spare set of mounts, if you need one in a hurry.

bdking57
10-20-2005, 07:33 AM
I know I need at least one... the autox is saturday. I was just going to ask hotchkis to send me a full set since I expect the second will snap shortly as well.. I definately broke it on the street though, need to stop driving so hardcore.. I got mine when they first came out so i believe its still the original mounts which were obviously a weak link. Hopefully some stronger mounts will help, but i think im going to switch the bar down to the middle setting and put some stronger end links on the bar..

bdking57
10-20-2005, 08:12 AM
woahhh.. talk about customer service. Hotchkis will be overnighting me new sway bar mounts so I wont miss this weekends BMWCCA top driver shootout :D

chrisw
10-20-2005, 08:31 AM
woahhh.. talk about customer service. Hotchkis will be overnighting me new sway bar mounts so I wont miss this weekends BMWCCA top driver shootout :D

hotchkis has awesome customer service.

dohcvtec
10-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I did the same thing with my stock mount and my Works bar. Fun stuff.