PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Gruppe-S / Craig Hardy ABS Plastic Gauge Panel

Gruppe-S
11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
After $15,000+ in tooling we are pleased to announce the prototype release of the Gruppe-S / Craig Hardy 60mm gauge panel.

These gauge panels are manufactured by Toyota's OEM interior factory and are DIRECT CLIP IN. No more fiberglass chipping, no more minor imperfections, no more being held in by two screws. This is a true OEM style panel that will be pre-painted to match the factory interior.

Pricing will be the same as teh current gauge panels. Any existing gauge panel owners will have the option of upgrading for $45 with trade. Release date should be within the next several weeks. :)

Tom
Gruppe-S

http://www.gruppe-s.com/stuff/GaugePanel.jpg

Dr. Evo
11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Nice.

STR8DVS
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
glade i waited will get one for sure.

vtluu
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Sweet. Once the nav system comes out I'm definitely getting one...

earlyapex
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Did you fix the issue with the 60mm craig hardy panel where the far right gauge would hit the stereo bracket?

No more having to bend the stereo bracket?

Let me know when these come out, I would be very interested in one.

wilson1
11-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Let me know , Tom.

I will be trading mines in.

Matz
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
After $15,000+ in tooling we are pleased to announce the prototype release of the Gruppe-S / Craig Hardy 60mm gauge panel.

Tom, this looks SWEET! I ordered one two weeks ago, and it's been backordered. So does this mean that I'll get one of the newer ones when it's done??? Please??? :)

MarkSAE
11-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Same here. I ordered mine a few weeks ago. I'm willing to wait to get the new one!!

It looks like that CAD model was drawn using Unigraphics. hehe..

jdmgraphiteMR
11-09-2005, 02:45 AM
im in the same situation ordered one 3 months ago...still on backorder i guess im getting the new one! :D

Yuh
11-09-2005, 03:21 AM
i'm interested in the trade, is there a waiting list of some sort for that?

I haven't even installed my panel yet because i haven't bothered to get gauges.. lol

b0yw0nder
11-09-2005, 09:42 AM
UG or Pro/E 2001?

MarkSAE
11-09-2005, 10:24 AM
UG or Pro/E 2001?

That coordinate system is from UG. The Pro/E 2001 one looks different. That's some nice CAD work. It would take me a long time to draw that up w/ all those contours.

Gruppe-S
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Did you fix the issue with the 60mm craig hardy panel where the far right gauge would hit the stereo bracket?

No more having to bend the stereo bracket?

Let me know when these come out, I would be very interested in one.

I tried with a Defi electronic gauge today and it seems fine to me.

Tom

Dr. Evo
11-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Sweet. Once the nav system comes out I'm definitely getting one...

What Nav are you talking about?

vtluu
11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
What Nav are you talking about?
I have a Pioneer AVIC-N1 in-dash receiver/nav system in my Evo.

Matz
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Tom,

By any chance, do you have a better idea when these panels will be ready to ship? You said "several weeks" on 11/9, and I was hoping that "several" meant 4 or 5. :P

Gruppe-S
12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi,

The panels are currently in transit so we should have it either this week or early next week depending on custom.

Thanks,
Tom

genrec
12-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Do i have to get in a groupbuy to get one of these panles...or can i call you for the price you offering..thanks

Gruppe-S
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Give me a call...I will get it process for you. :wink:

Tom

MarkSAE
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
The panels are currently in transit so we should have it either this week or early next week depending on custom.

Sweet! I can't wait!

Matz
12-04-2005, 09:33 PM

Sweet! I can't wait!

Me too! Time to buy my 1/8" NPT tap! :) Still gotta find that $0.50 NPT adapter for the oil sensor.

By the way, I've been told that 32mm is the right adapter for the coolant... did you already install your 36mm one without any fitment problems? I am probably going to drop mine off for stripping and reanodizing this week.

MarkSAE
12-05-2005, 01:15 AM
By the way, I've been told that 32mm is the right adapter for the coolant... did you already install your 36mm one without any fitment problems? I am probably going to drop mine off for stripping and reanodizing this week.

No, I haven't installed the temp adapter yet. If I were you, I'd try to fit that adapter on before stripping it and sending it out for reanodizing. I'm pretty sure 32mm will be a bit on the small side. Who told you 32mm was the right one?

I personally took a caliper and measured the diameter of the upper radiator inlet. It was close to 36mm. If anything, the upper radiator hose will slip onto the adapter like the radiator. I had a 34mm fitting on my GSX before and it was on the small side. I'm pretty sure the upper radiator hoses are the same between DSMs and EVOs. So 32mm will be even smaller.

Matz
12-05-2005, 06:37 AM
No, I haven't installed the temp adapter yet. If I were you, I'd try to fit that adapter on before stripping it and sending it out for reanodizing. I'm pretty sure 32mm will be a bit on the small side. Who told you 32mm was the right one?

Ok, cool, I'll go ahead and do that, then. The shop I bought the part from double-checked with GReddy (I think it was them) to ask about the fitment, and told me that it was definitely 32mm. But it couldn't hurt to be sure, so I'll do that.

So what's the recommended way to deal with coolant hoses? Every time I touch something with coolant, I end up with a horrific mess in my garage... I assume that I should remove the radiator cap (when cold, of course), but what's the best place to do this so I don't spill everywhere? I can get the air out of the system after pulling the hose by revving a little with the cap still off, right?

MarkSAE
12-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Ok, cool, I'll go ahead and do that, then. The shop I bought the part from double-checked with GReddy (I think it was them) to ask about the fitment, and told me that it was definitely 32mm. But it couldn't hurt to be sure, so I'll do that.

So what's the recommended way to deal with coolant hoses? Every time I touch something with coolant, I end up with a horrific mess in my garage... I assume that I should remove the radiator cap (when cold, of course), but what's the best place to do this so I don't spill everywhere? I can get the air out of the system after pulling the hose by revving a little with the cap still off, right?

I've seen a picture of someone stretching a 38mm adapter onto their radiator hose. That was stretching it a lot though. I probably won't install mine until another 2 weeks or so, so you'll most likely get to it before me.

The way I planned to install mine was to drain enough coolant to empty the upper radiator hose, then pull the hose off to install the adapter. I'm sure there's another way, but I had to remove the whole plastic undertray to drain the coolant. Just drain it into a clean container and then pour it back into radioator when you're done w/ the install.

redtydsf
12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
how does it look, any pics?

Matz
12-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I've seen a picture of someone stretching a 38mm adapter onto their radiator hose. That was stretching it a lot though. I probably won't install mine until another 2 weeks or so, so you'll most likely get to it before me.

The way I planned to install mine was to drain enough coolant to empty the upper radiator hose, then pull the hose off to install the adapter. I'm sure there's another way, but I had to remove the whole plastic undertray to drain the coolant. Just drain it into a clean container and then pour it back into radioator when you're done w/ the install.

Ok, I'll do that... will post pics of the installation steps when I'm done.