PDA

View Full Version : Vishnu XEDE vs. Works P2

superfleajq
11-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just wanting to hear some of your experiences with the Vishnu XEDE and the Works P2. How do these differ, and what are some advantages\disadvantages to each? I know the XEDE is an actual control unit that you install, vs the P2 simply being a flash for the most part. But what are some other differences and such?

Anyone try both in the past and find they like one more than the other?

Thanks!
-Justin

RTS EVO VIII
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
if you're not going to tune the car yourself, don't even bother with xede. p2 is plug and play, and very effective. :wink:

Matz
11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
I like the P2 because it eliminates the boost taper and the car accelerates really hard. I don't know jack crap about tuning, except for really basic stuff like watching your AFR and not blowing up the engine. So I prefer to leave it to the experts and go with a reflash solution like the P2. Plus, WORKS has several different maps to support the various combinations of aftermarket parts (mostly WORKS, I would assume), and that's always nice.

lqdchkn
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
I just got the P2 yesterday along with a new CK2 clutch and chromoly flywheel. I haven't really got on it 'cause I'm breakin' it in but I definately notice a difference.

evoleo
11-10-2005, 11:15 PM
I have an xede/flash which is the best of both worlds.

Pros:
-Dual banks for two maps(91 or race gas)
-Will alow you to incorporate other features available such as No Lift shift, Launch control or the Smart system(which allows you to tune yourself)
-you can resell it
-more room to get custom parts and mix and match to your liking

Cons:
-requires a little more know how to get it going right but once it is set up it care free
-price

I my self am very happy with it as I am planning to intergrate a turbo kit an alky kit to it in the future. I am running the smart setup with all of their features and everything works fine. Also consider the reflash offered by Gruppe-s with a custom tune.

SouthernCrane
11-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Anyone try both in the past and find they like one more than the other?

Thanks!
-Justin

i have used both and i can't tell a difference in power. i have had them both dyno'ed but on different dynos on different days. the dynos do read "similar" though, and the numbers were about the same with a little more torque with the P2.

Both are great products....if you are going to tune it yourself you will have to get the XEDE or some other tuneable tool, if not i definitely recommend the P2

Matz
11-11-2005, 06:36 AM
if you are going to tune it yourself you will have to get the XEDE or some other tuneable tool

I've heard that ECU+ is pretty cool. Perhaps earlyapex can shed some light on this for us soon.

http://www.ecuplus.com

leif
11-11-2005, 01:18 PM
the xede is leagues above the p2. first off there's the whole idea of multiple maps. while it only holds two on the xede unit itself, you can make a million different ones, save them on your laptop, and load them whenever you want (think along the lines of pump gas, race gas, full power drag map, road race high octane map, meth, alchohol, whatever you want). the softwear is super user friendly. also with the new smart sytem your car will adapt to the environment and run liek a champ.

besides man...all the ex preluder's use xedes!! (me ruch etc etc)

rodw
11-11-2005, 01:23 PM
http://norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=358&highlight=

The Xede is basically a sensor signal manipulator, resides between the sensors and the factory ECU. Two main signals are being intercepted - load and crank angle sensor (for detecting RPM and igniton timing modification). It also have an 0-5V analogue input where one can use it to to create extra tables for fuel or ignition trim.

The S.M.A.R.T. idea is sound. I can't help thinking why it is repeating something the engine' brain is already doing, it processes the knock signal and makes timing adjustment to suit the knock thresholds of the fuel in your tank. Fuel trimming is also something already reside in the ECU, under the extreme operating conditions, the ECU dumps fuel to protect the engine.

You can argue that the Xede can re-scale fuel injetors but being a front end system, it merely trims the load signal from the MAP sensor or MAF sensor, it is not the same as a reflash. Utilising a simple knock sensor amplifier to complete the SMART trim is a good idea, impovement on that department is a must because isolation the true knock signal takes more than a simple circuit - it is a very involved subject and some car manfacturers uses multiple "tuned" knock sensor and DSP chip to retrieve the true knock signal. Without such intense processor power, I cannot see that the SMART system can untilise this signal to trim fuel and ignition consistantly. Over-active knock signal will not be good for power.

MitsuMan
11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
go exede or go home. your gonna hear both sides mostly works guys talking about the p2 but if you want to be able to tune your car to what you have on the car then go exede.
every intake exhaust fuel pump injector ect are different so until you get on a dyno and start tuning your waisting your time if you think throwing a flash at it will make your car run to its full potential. 2 maps take 1 sec to change, constantly getting updated software changes for free it has the ability to run things like water injection,launch control, alcohal ect. I mean come on now if your gonna do it do it right man.
http://tinypic.com/flk6qq.jpg

earlyapex
11-11-2005, 09:27 PM
go exede or go home.

Sorry this is a pet peeve of mine, it's Xede, not exede.

vtluu
11-11-2005, 09:52 PM
if you want to be able to tune your car to what you have on the car then go exede.
That's a rather big "if" don't you think? Not everybody wants to spend the time, money or effort to tune their car to the absolute maximum.

SouthBayGSR
11-11-2005, 11:15 PM
http://norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=358&highlight=

The Xede is basically a sensor signal manipulator, resides between the sensors and the factory ECU. Two main signals are being intercepted - load and crank angle sensor (for detecting RPM and igniton timing modification). It also have an 0-5V analogue input where one can use it to to create extra tables for fuel or ignition trim.

The S.M.A.R.T. idea is sound. I can't help thinking why it is repeating something the engine' brain is already doing, it processes the knock signal and makes timing adjustment to suit the knock thresholds of the fuel in your tank. Fuel trimming is also something already reside in the ECU, under the extreme operating conditions, the ECU dumps fuel to protect the engine.

You can argue that the Xede can re-scale fuel injetors but being a front end system, it merely trims the load signal from the MAP sensor or MAF sensor, it is not the same as a reflash. Utilising a simple knock sensor amplifier to complete the SMART trim is a good idea, impovement on that department is a must because isolation the true knock signal takes more than a simple circuit - it is a very involved subject and some car manfacturers uses multiple "tuned" knock sensor and DSP chip to retrieve the true knock signal. Without such intense processor power, I cannot see that the SMART system can untilise this signal to trim fuel and ignition consistantly. Over-active knock signal will not be good for power.

Good information. I've been interested too on seeing how this new SMART system is able to perform. I dont think alot of people have it so far, but I have heard a few of them having some issues (hesitation, running too rich, etc..) which totally agrees with your consistancy point whether or not this is a result of knock sensor issues. May have to wait to see the bugs worked out before I spent 1600 on an entire Xede/SMART system. For that much money you may want to try a full stand-alone system like the AEM system, and keep as many maps as you want stored on your lap top. This of course is a definate non-option for those who don't want to be involved in the actual tuning process!