PDA

View Full Version : help with wing and tailights

pinay8utterfly
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
i just installed my wing like a coupl of weeks ago and i am still trying to find help to fix it.. thing is that one of my tailights is broken and i don't know how the wiring goes. i know i have to split the wires because so that it has to connect with the light on my wing.. all im trying to say is that i don't know how to do it and that i need some help. if you can pm me or just post it in here.. thanks

dee

Hot8Evo
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
i just installed my wing like a coupl of weeks ago and i am still trying to find help to fix it.. thing is that one of my tailights is broken and i don't know how the wiring goes. i know i have to split the wires because so that it has to connect with the light on my wing.. all im trying to say is that i don't know how to do it and that i need some help. if you can pm me or just post it in here.. thanks

dee

It just basically 2 wires? Red for power and black for ground. did you have a spoiler before?

pinay8utterfly
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
no i never had one... the thing is that my dad did all the drilling and now im stuck with the wiring ahahha..

mech88
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
If you hit me up, I Can help you, I to love the ocean to :lol: Hawaii Rulz!!!!

panem
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
no i never had one... the thing is that my dad did all the drilling and now im stuck with the wiring ahahha..
he left you with the hard part of the jobs. drilling holes is the easy part. lol

Dr. Evo
12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
If it is an OEM spoiler I believe it has the same plug as the stock third brake light. Just unplug that and plug the spoiler in. If not, you can still use the wiring from the thrird brake light for your spoiler light.

EvoRicer
12-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I had the Lancer OZ spoiler on my evo. I also checked out some Evos the the rear window 3rd Brake light. Im just thinking, Basically if u want 4 brake lights, tap into the rear window brake light with new wires and buy a new plug and then plug it into the wings brake light...

pinay8utterfly
12-06-2005, 02:18 AM
If you hit me up, I Can help you, I to love the ocean to :lol: Hawaii Rulz!!!!

pmed ya

pinay8utterfly
12-06-2005, 02:20 AM
thanks for all the help guys :D im glad im learning more stuff everyday!

dude that was hella corny ahhaahhhaha oh well

but really thanks guys!!!

dee