PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy from the Other Side of the Border....

LookingForPower
12-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I am new here, I originally came on here to say what's up to a fellow evo guy that I met at the track, but I think I might stick around a little. I have talked to ALOT!!! Of EVO owners around the Sacramento area(more towards the Rosville/citrus heights areas), and I must say the Evo community is seems to be ALOT nicer then most of the STI guys I meet, they seem to be a lot less ummm... What is the word..... Oh big headed!! :lol:. So I just decided I would share what I drive, even though it's from "dark side" ha ha, actually when i first bought my car I was really REALLY surprised how much evo people would wave to me as I was driving down the road, it would throw me off at first....

I believe I am one of four people to put down over 400AWHP on gruppe-s's dyno... I could be a little off by that number, but here are the dyno sheets for your enjoyment.*This was done on 100 octane at about 24psi* My motor also is weak, it was tuned by a shop out here in Sacramento would didn't have the qualifications to tune such a car and they basically knife edged my rings, so now I have HORRIBLE blow by. So I gotta give Mike at Gruppe-S all the credit in the world, he made a turd a beast!!!

http://www.lookingforpower.net/Random/Dyno.JPG

2005 Subaru STI
Mods:

Engine/Drive train:
Gruppe-S GT35R Rotated Turbo
Gruppe-S Custom Down pipe
Perrin Front Mount Inter cooler
Nitrous Express Inter cooler Sprayer
Custom Gruppe-S Intake with MAF Sensor Relocated
Perrin Big MAF
Perrin 800cc's injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
Cobb Access port(currently 91 and 100 octane tunes)
Tial Waste gate(externally dumped)
Tial B.O.V.

Suspension:
Tein Flex's With EDFC
Perrin End Links

Interior:
Defi A-Pillar Gauges w/ controller mounted on center console
Had a Stereo, but removed it...

Exterior:
Debadged the Rear Subaru
Took off the two front STI stickers
The Shocker Sticker
Hella Super Tones

http://www.lookingforpower.net/songs/9.jpg
http://www.lookingforpower.net/songs/18.jpg
http://www.lookingforpower.net/111/3.jpg
http://www.lookingforpower.net/111/7.jpg
http://www.lookingforpower.net/111/8.jpg
http://www.lookingforpower.net/111/2.jpg

My Current best 1/4 mile time is only this....:( should be better, just give me another track day without rain and I will destroy my time!!! :evil:
http://www.lookingforpower.net/songs/1.jpg

**VIDEO OF THE 1/4 MILE PASS**
http://lookingforpower.net/songs/lookingforpower1.wmv

evo_dadi
12-18-2005, 08:11 AM
damn beast alright :twisted:

SouthernCrane
12-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow, nice numbers man 8) Welcome to the forums.

wilson1
12-18-2005, 09:26 AM
+1

btw, your sti looks way better than the 2006's!

nightwalker
12-18-2005, 09:42 AM
welcome! I know what you mean about STI guys. They all hate on me whenever I roll by. I gave a guy in a silver one a thumbs up, and he just straight dogged me. :cry: I think they're jealous. :roll: :wink:

Nice ride btw, truly is a beast.

V8KiLL3R
12-18-2005, 10:32 AM
damn beast alright :twisted:

+1

missred
12-18-2005, 10:33 AM
+1

btw, your sti looks way better than the 2006's!

+2
much love for all the AWD here, if you werent so far Id say swing by the DCMP meets on Friday nights, all Subys and Evos :wink: The I-Club crew down over there gives us alot of love

stockEVO8
12-18-2005, 10:36 AM
welcome bro...

well i dont think its jus the STI owners that are big headed...theres actually alot of EVO owners that are like that and they hate all STIs for some odd reason...for me i dont care cause for all i know i could've gotten one if i didnt get that good of a deal with my EVO

your beast is crazy

hellz Evo
12-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Welcome man, I have one as well but no where near as cool as yours though, nice car. :D

DaveLC2
12-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Welcome man. Nice looking car ya got there. I much prefer your style over the new one. I've mentioned this before about the WRX and STi guys being not so friendly before. I totally have equal respect for both sides so I don't know what the deal is. Just because the manufactures are rivals doesn't mean we have to be. Then there's "EVOKILA" :lol:

Dave

LookingForPower
12-18-2005, 01:13 PM
welcome! I know what you mean about STI guys. They all hate on me whenever I roll by. I gave a guy in a silver one a thumbs up, and he just straight dogged me. :cry: I think they're jealous. :roll: :wink:

Nice ride btw, truly is a beast.

:lol: HAHA, Don't feel bad, Some of them do it to me and I drive an STI!!! I always way to every EVO guy I see even if he is on the opposite side of the road

welcome bro...

well i don't think its just the STI owners that are big headed...there's actually a lot of EVO owners that are like that and they hate all STIs for some odd reason...for me i don't care cause for all i know i would've gotten one if i didn't get that good of a deal with my EVO

your beast is crazy

Thank you all for the complements and a warm welcome :D I kind of get the whole rivalry thing, but to go as far as being a dick to every EVO I see because of it is just a little to far in my opinion. I mean I want to race every EVO I see at the track, not so I can laugh when I win or cry when I lose, but because you they are your direct competition so it's fun to see where you stand. I really just don't get being an asshole to EVO owners or the opposite way around, because at the end of the day you both drive extremely bad ass cars, and if you don't think so then you basically hate your own car....

Welcome man. Nice looking car ya got there. I much prefer your style over the new one. I've mentioned this before about the WRX and STi guys being not so friendly before. I totally have equal respect for both sides so I don't know what the deal is. Just because the manufactures are rivals doesn't mean we have to be. Then there's "EVOKILA" :lol:

Dave

He would fall into the category of "Big headed STI driver", I have seen him around... I have waved to him and he doesn't return the favor... Oddly when I raced him he saw my tail lights and has never return that favor... Maybe one day :wink:

earlyapex
12-18-2005, 01:17 PM
*This was done on 100 octane at about 24psi* My motor also is weak, it was tuned by a shop out here in Sacramento would didn't have the qualifications to tune such a car and they basically knife edged my rings, so now I have HORRIBLE blow by.

What's it do on 91 octane?

S2 in sac? :?

LookingForPower
12-18-2005, 01:28 PM
*This was done on 100 octane at about 24psi* My motor also is weak, it was tuned by a shop out here in Sacramento would didn't have the qualifications to tune such a car and they basically knife edged my rings, so now I have HORRIBLE blow by.

What's it do on 91 octane?

S2 in sac? :?

I put down 331 on 91 octane @ 18.5 PSI... The biggest difference between 91 octane and 100, while I was only able to gain 73AWHP, I picked up 94LBS of torque!!!!...

:lol: :lol: How did you guess S2..... LOL!!

earlyapex
12-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I put down 331 on 91 octane @ 18.5 PSI... The biggest difference between 91 octane and 100, while I was only able to gain 73AWHP, I picked up 94LBS of torque!!!!...

Pretty nice numbers on 91. How much torque did u do on 91? I did 303whp on 91 octane, stock turbo on the evo. I believe I was the first to break 300whp with stock turbo on the gruppe-s dyno. I still need to do a 100 octane tune, your gain of 73whp and 94wtq is impressive and really showcases where the biggie turbos shine, on more octane!

I guessed S2 because they suck, they blew a fellow evo owners' motor as well, and I have heard tons of bad things from subaru owners (I used to own a WRX)

LookingForPower
12-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Pretty nice numbers on 91. How much torque did u do on 91? I did 303whp on 91 octane, stock turbo on the evo. I believe I was the first to break 300whp with stock turbo on the gruppe-s dyno. I still need to do a 100 octane tune, your gain of 73whp and 94wtq is impressive and really showcases where the biggie turbos shine, on more octane!

I guessed S2 because they suck, they blew a fellow evo owners' motor as well, and I have heard tons of bad things from subaru owners (I used to own a WRX)

Ya my turbo is just starting to come alive where it's at now, it's even a bigger jump every psi from this point on!! Mike was saying how they wake up at about 23-24psi all the way to 30-33psi.

HAHA, go on i-club and say that same statement about s-squared.... lol :roll: It will turn into 16 pages of s-squared nut swingers saying they are god and the reason my motor blew was because of "improper break-in" :roll: When I babied the shit out of my car from the first 2,000 miles. The nut swingers have an excuse for every car as to why it blew up on their dyno... I always ask them, if they are really so good at it..... Why did their shop close down :?: :lol:

DJMic0
12-18-2005, 09:29 PM
hey were some of your pics taken at Sac State?

LookingForPower
12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
hey were some of your pics taken at Sac State?

HAHA, for some reason everyone thinks that parking lot picture was taken at Sacstate, but it actually wasn't. It was taken in Roseville in one of the hospitals parking garages