PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running an exhaust cutout?

Lurk
12-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I was thinking about keeping the stock catback but getting a DP and test pipe and running an electronic exhaust cutout. That way when you're driving around on the street, you look and sound pretty much stock. But when you want some extra power, hit the button and open up the exhaust. How effective would this be?

Stormtrooper
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
chris (screenname "chris") was running one... last i heard he was selling it.

onesicklambo
12-26-2005, 09:24 PM
i was going to do it. I bought a full electroonic cutout with in cabin switch, but havent ever put it on. Ill sell it if ya want;). I was told it helps spool earlier. check em out http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm its callled the powerplate

bayareaEVO
12-28-2005, 01:53 AM
my friend chris was running that setup and now running tbe rsr..its pretty nice, but you'll loose a bit of torque and back end pressure. :shock:

Lurk
12-28-2005, 03:33 AM
my friend chris was running that setup and now running tbe rsr..its pretty nice, but you'll loose a bit of torque and back end pressure. :shock:

I was under the impression that you want ZERO backpressure on a turbo'd car. Exhaust gas velocity is more important, no?

Either way, how does the car sound with the cutout opened up? :)

chris
12-30-2005, 06:45 PM

I was under the impression that you want ZERO backpressure on a turbo'd car. Exhaust gas velocity is more important, no?

Either way, how does the car sound with the cutout opened up? :)

it was an interesting setup. but really hard to tune because its right before the cat. but i made 279whp, 243lbs trq on gruppe-s dyno before the tune. highest power on that dyno day with stock turbo. its actually fun with the e-cut out because of the look on their faces after i open it =X it was fun but i just needed that torque back =)