PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone @ WORKS

gqpenguin
12-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to give a thank you too all of you guys @ works. The flash and exhaust rock!

Jamie@WORKS
01-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Just wanted to give a thank you too all of you guys @ works. The flash and exhaust rock!

Good to hear :D

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2006, 12:52 AM
it would be great if you can post a review on what things were done to your car and how great there customer service was... or the type of product that you received from them... and the high quality of material that they use on there parts

MAB1025
01-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Don't mean to thread jack...

I was at Works today and got the P2E flash and the short shifter for my MR installed today. All I can say about them is WOW! The car feels totally different than when I first got it. The car responds so much better and feeling the car pull all the way to redline is awesome. Also the short shifter feels like it reduced the shift throws more than 30%!

Works is the place to go for your EVO!

wilson1
01-29-2006, 12:44 AM
which evo yr? :D

MAB1025
01-29-2006, 12:50 AM
which evo yr? :D

2006... I know you got one too and you should go down there and get it done to yours as well. If you're ever in SF / Daly City area let me know and you can check out my car.

Ben

PANGES
05-11-2006, 12:05 AM
sorry to bring up such an old thread... but how much is it for the Works P2E flash on a IX?

Jamie@WORKS
05-12-2006, 10:59 AM
sorry to bring up such an old thread... but how much is it for the Works P2E flash on a IX?

http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=217

There is labor for the boost hose, but you mentioned an MBC in another thread. Give us a call and don't forget to mention your NorCalEvo discount ;)

PANGES
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM

http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=217

There is labor for the boost hose, but you mentioned an MBC in another thread. Give us a call and don't forget to mention your NorCalEvo discount ;)

So that thing is pre-set for the mods? or I get that and bring it down there? lol. I'm new at this, can you tell? Will the boost hose, I understand it can hold boost very constant, but can you guys raise boost without the boost controller? I want to run about 21-22 psi.

Matz
05-12-2006, 04:55 PM
So that thing is pre-set for the mods? or I get that and bring it down there? lol. I'm new at this, can you tell? Will the boost hose, I understand it can hold boost very constant, but can you guys raise boost without the boost controller? I want to run about 21-22 psi.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking Jamie. Are you asking if they'll install the MBC for you? They could easily do that, since they'd have to install their special boost hose for the P2 anyway. The MBC is simple to put in.

I don't think the standard P2 raises boost, but just prevents the taper by messing with the WG solenoid. I'm sure they can raise the boost limit, but don't forget that you can't just raise boost and expect more power without other supporting mods. At some point, you will grenade your engine.

I'm sure it's just me, but my Evo feels pretty damn powerful enough, and I've got mine set an <15 PSI. :oops:

PANGES
05-12-2006, 05:16 PM

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking Jamie. Are you asking if they'll install the MBC for you? They could easily do that, since they'd have to install their special boost hose for the P2 anyway. The MBC is simple to put in.

I don't think the standard P2 raises boost, but just prevents the taper by messing with the WG solenoid. I'm sure they can raise the boost limit, but don't forget that you can't just raise boost and expect more power without other supporting mods. At some point, you will grenade your engine.

I'm sure it's just me, but my Evo feels pretty damn powerful enough, and I've got mine set an <15 PSI. :oops:

I was asking to see if the works flash will increase boost through the ecu. Or will I need a MBC to do that. Also I wanted to know if their flashes are already pre-set for my mods or if the P2 still needs tuning.

Matz
05-12-2006, 05:25 PM
I was asking to see if the works flash will increase boost through the ecu. Or will I need a MBC to do that. Also I wanted to know if their flashes are already pre-set for my mods or if the P2 still needs tuning.

Ah, ok! They have various maps for an assortment of mods. But as far as the boost goes, you'll never want to do what you're mentioning, since setting the MBC at a boost level higher than you're tuned for is very dangerous. I *think* that you'll need a custom P2 tune to get what you're asking for.

Evo442
05-12-2006, 08:29 PM
yes, Works can raise your boost through the ecu.

Damanc
05-14-2006, 10:21 PM
When I went to WORKS for an update. They told me that if they have a flash for the mods you put on after the flash, then it is easy enough to just update your flash for those mods. For a small fee of course. I cant remember the exact price for the update But I do remember it was under 100$. Also they said that if you buy the WORKS products the update is free for P2 customers.

Although that was about 6 monts ago so you should call to confirm this.

c.mo
05-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to WORKS also. Awesome service and so is the flash! :D

Jamie@WORKS
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM

As mentioned, the P2 doesn't increase boost with the flash, but it does keep things from tapering off as the RPMs climb. Going above 20 PSI or so and you run into two limitations: the efficiency of the stock turbo and the pre-ignition of 91 octane fuel. We can easily alter the software to give you higher boost levels, but would recommend a higher octane fuel be used as well.

Future modifications may require and corresponding upgrade in the software. There may be nominal fees involved, but most of our customers are getting free updates from us as they're also getting the parts (WORKS or non-WORKS) from us.

PANGES
05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
I did'nt see this thread till now, but thanks Jamie. I meant to go down there last saturday, but my friend's car took longer than we expected (ended up working all day saturday and sunday). We were installing this 50 trim turbo kit on our friend's srt-4... what a pain. lol. I now get Starbucks for life from him. I might try to come down after work today or tomorrow or something. I get off around 5 or 6 so maybe i can rush down there just to drop in and say hi.

Jamie@WORKS
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I won't be around until Saturday, but Oliver and/or Kirk will be able to help you out :)

Damanc
06-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Just wanted to add my positive experience to this thread.

About two weeks ago I went to Concord mitsu for the p0300 update, which overwrote my previous P2R flash, when the update was done I immediatly headed out to WORKS. When I spoke to them I told them that I had added a TBE since my last flash he told me that they could reflash for that too and that I would only be charged an update fee for the exhaust flash. The car runs great and feels strong. I have only had good experiences with them and plan to do as many mods as I can through WORKS.

Matz
06-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Just wanted to add my positive experience to this thread.

About two weeks ago I went to Concord mitsu for the p0300 update, which overwrote my previous P2R flash, when the update was done I immediatly headed out to WORKS. When I spoke to them I told them that I had added a TBE since my last flash he told me that they could reflash for that too and that I would only be charged an update fee for the exhaust flash. The car runs great and feels strong. I have only had good experiences with them and plan to do as many mods as I can through WORKS.

+1