PDA

View Full Version : A cool little video with a very familar looking STI...

LookingForPower
01-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, I thought some of you guys might enjoy some floating lights and such, while others will probably look at it in disgust... It is what it is...

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=583698

Enjoy...

LookingForPower
01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
right click
save as if you want

http://www.lookingforpower.net/SacStangs/WeekendSacStangs.wmv

stockEVO8
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
nice kill...

is shifting on your STI hard...cause thats when the cobras catch up :?

drunk monkey
01-17-2006, 11:06 PM
haha nice kill. i guess you did prove him wrong... but you know freeway racing is gay. i rather see racing from a standing start.

Carlo

LookingForPower
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
nice kill...

is shifting on your STI hard...cause thats when the cobras catch up :?
actually it's when i went into 5th... I have to shift 12390812039 times and he doesn't have to shift once so he is still in gear while i have to shift twice, not to mention if i shift to fast for some reason my wastegate gets stuck open and then i only hit 7psi in the next gear... kind of weird... So I'm trying to learn the balance between the two still...

Steiner
01-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I love the looks of the white on gold STi...even more so when it's lowered. Nice ride dude. :D

earlyapex
01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
right click
save as if you want

http://www.lookingforpower.net/SacStangs/WeekendSacStangs.wmv

God SC'd mustangs are so obnoxiously loud. Is that a baby stuck under the hood?

ZK
01-18-2006, 12:17 AM
I didn't know there was a Sac Mustang thing. I lived there for 4 years and never saw anything like that.

We used to have a group of MKIV Supras that would go out every week for our "cruise" down 101. Similar to that video but with more horsepower... Then we all grew up and everyone sold their cars. :lol:

Nice vid though.

e8
01-18-2006, 12:52 AM
cool video

DaveLC2
01-18-2006, 02:41 AM
I love the sound of your STi at WOT. Nice runs 8)

Dave

vtluu
01-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Waste of bandwidth just like every other street racing video.

Let's refer once again to the Pyramid of Speed (http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm):

http://www.nsxfiles.com/images/s2k_laguna_triangle_7.jpg

Freeway Racers:
Next to the bottom are these guys. They frown upon Street Racers, thinking that Street Racers are 0-80 mph wimps. Instead, Freeway Racers think that they are cool, as they go 120+ mph and weave in and out of traffic on the highway like a bunch of morons on crystal meth. The problem is that these boneheads have spent money to make their car a little faster and a little noisier than usual, but they forgot one thing: they are going at dangerously high speeds and they have itty bitty front brakes, small rear drum brakes, and they have never attended a go-fast driving school. They forgot the Stop-Fast parts when they modified their cars. Not good when Sally Homemaker in her 6000 lbs SUV makes a lane change at 55 mph without signaling and without looking for cars coming up on her at triple digit speeds. They post on various BBS boards about their "Kills", where they passed some guy driving a more expensive car at 110 mph, saying that they knew that "Name_your_Car" drivers can't drive worth a crap.

LookingForPower
01-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Waste of bandwidth just like every other street racing video.

Let's refer once again to the Pyramid of Speed (http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm):

http://www.nsxfiles.com/images/s2k_laguna_triangle_7.jpg

Freeway Racers:
Next to the bottom are these guys. They frown upon Street Racers, thinking that Street Racers are 0-80 mph wimps. Instead, Freeway Racers think that they are cool, as they go 120+ mph and weave in and out of traffic on the highway like a bunch of morons on crystal meth. The problem is that these boneheads have spent money to make their car a little faster and a little noisier than usual, but they forgot one thing: they are going at dangerously high speeds and they have itty bitty front brakes, small rear drum brakes, and they have never attended a go-fast driving school. They forgot the Stop-Fast parts when they modified their cars. Not good when Sally Homemaker in her 6000 lbs SUV makes a lane change at 55 mph without signaling and without looking for cars coming up on her at triple digit speeds. They post on various BBS boards about their "Kills", where they passed some guy driving a more expensive car at 110 mph, saying that they knew that "Name_your_Car" drivers can't drive worth a crap.

Hey now, I have upgraded brakes!!! :P... On another note... We actually don't weave in and out of traffic.. Infact most of the time we have a set of people who actually block traffic behind us, and we go from 40mph roll where no one is within eye sight infront of us... It would be very hard for us to hurt an innocent person the way that they do things...

mtsevovii
01-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Hey now, I have upgraded brakes!!! :P... On another note... We actually don't weave in and out of traffic.. Infact most of the time we have a set of people who actually block traffic behind us, and we go from 40mph roll where no one is within eye sight infront of us... It would be very hard for us to hurt an innocent person the way that they do things...

:roll: and what happens when you have a sudden blow out, or a deer or some other object appears infront of you. or something else that happens that is out of your control. or the amount of people involved if anything happens. or maybe just the amount of frustraited people on the freeway when traffic is slowed down to 35mph when you guys block them to "race". and when that happens it might cause an accident due to people not paying attention and suddenly have to slow from 70mph to 35mph.

LookingForPower
01-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Trust me you don't have to preach to me about the stupidity of street racing, I have been in a very bad street racing accident... Honestly if a deer jumps out infront of me(be fucking weird in the middle of sacramento lol) and I kill the deer, and I end up dieing the only thing that I would want sympathy for is the poor deer that died, not me...

Sometimes a shit talking Cobra owner however is greater then my will to keep that right pedal from hitting the floor though...

AreSTG
01-18-2006, 07:46 AM
don't they imppound cars that streetrace in sacramento?

chrisw
01-18-2006, 09:08 AM
don't they imppound cars that streetrace in sacramento?

yeah, didn't one of our own members have that problem?

There are only losers in street racing, even if you think you won. :roll:

L84AD8
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
nice kill... imports rule! :peace:

pinay8utterfly
01-18-2006, 10:02 PM
dude that was an awesome video....

i learned my lesson after getting caught street racing.. :( i learned to keep my power on the track...

unfortunately the fool i was driving against wasn't so lucky ... his civic got taken away to get impounded... :?

onesicklambo
01-19-2006, 12:21 AM
TWO WORDS:
DONT RACE.
They are cracking down on that like a MOFO now..dont ask me how i know :x It may seem like the right thing to do at the time but youmight not think of the full consequenses which may lead it. but to each their own

BOOSTonHanD
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
good race! and damn your car must be fast, beating cobras from a roll is no joke. froma stop you have the advantage of the awd but from a roll you have to keep up with the long ass gears. i have a hard time keeping up with fbodys on the hayway. i know street racing is illegal but as long as its done in smart manner i say go for it. but like onesicklambo said the cops are out in force and they dont play. from experience!

RgistRdShowoffIX
02-13-2006, 01:20 AM
lol i can see your plates! =P