PDA

View Full Version : Endless brake pads?

Steiner
02-26-2006, 05:13 PM
A few people have mentioned that Endless makes a great replacement pad for the stockers. They didn't specificy which version though...SSS-M or SSS-S. Besides about $70, what's the difference between the two?

Evo442
02-26-2006, 05:37 PM
sss-s is a great pad for a daily driver and occasional track use. Wasn't quite enough pad for my driving style with regular track use but I loved them on the street. I got the sss-s because thats what Works sells. Others out there use the sss-s on the track regularly and like them a lot. (for example, Kirk at Works)

http://www.endlessusa.com/products/index.php?id=2

Jamie@WORKS
02-28-2006, 10:34 AM
The -M are supposed to be virtually dust free. Can't say how performance is affected by the difference in compound vs. the -S as I haven't used them myself.

xchoirboy
02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
great pads I use the -s for daily use. there was a notable difference when I went to them. :thumbsup:

of course I could be biased since these are the only pads I've used since my stockers.

gOt BoOsT
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
the cc-x's work GREAT

smack
02-28-2006, 12:11 PM
i can't imagine anyone being able to use sss-s on the track. i killed them in 2 corners at t-hill.
that being said i'm sure they are a fine street pad.

Steiner
02-28-2006, 12:20 PM
How bad do the SSS-S dust the rims compared to stock?

Evo442
02-28-2006, 02:56 PM
How bad do the SSS-S dust the rims compared to stock?

Worse

MarkSAE
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I didn't have much luck w/ the SSS-S pads. I felt they were a little worse than the stock pads both on the track and on the street. I'm now running the RRE PF pads and am amazed at how much more bite these pads have on the street and at the track.

earlyapex
02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I didn't have much luck w/ the SSS-S pads. I felt they were a little worse than the stock pads both on the track and on the street. I'm now running the RRE PF pads and am amazed at how much more bite these pads have on the street and at the track.

Remember to not let the PF pad dust get wet and then dry up on your rims or it will turn to cement and is virtually impossible to get off.

I now have black and cement colored 5zigens, they are now my track wheels. :wink:

MarkSAE
02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Remember to not let the PF pad dust get wet and then dry up on your rims or it will turn to cement and is virtually impossible to get off.

I now have black and cement colored 5zigens, they are now my track wheels. :wink:

haha.. yeah, good thing you told me. I'm going to swap back to my endless pads for the street for that very reason. These PF pads dust like mad.

Evo442
02-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Man, you are not kidding! I decided to use better pads on the track so I'm "using up" the pf's on the street. My white SSR GT2's have black caked on areas of "pad cement" that I've literally spent hours scrubbing with a stiff bristle's toothbrush to try and clean up. :cry:

AutoRnD
03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
If any of you are intereseted in the Vita Nuova or SS-S please do contact us. We have plenty of stock and club pricing.

THanks, Rishie

evoboy
03-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I had the SSS and worked well for me on the track. I guess it all depends on driving style and how hard to slam on the brake. SSS isn't the best pad but its good for both street and some track usage. If you need something more agressive...go with a full race pad but then it will chew up your rotors on the streets.

Tom

2dCurb
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
the cc-x's work GREAT

hows the bite when they are cold?

dohcvtec
04-28-2006, 09:56 AM
the cc-x's work GREAT

hows the bite when they are cold?
Very good! I've driven his car.

meape
04-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Gents,

I have one track day on a set (front and rear) of Endless SSS-S pads since putting them on in February. I found them to be a huge improvement over stock at the track and experienced no fade. That track day was pretty cool temp wise including some rain, and the brakes performed consistently all day. I also added the Mitsu brake air guides, ss lines, and ATE Super Blue fluid so these other mods no doubt also contributed to the improved braking at the track over stock. The stock brake pads and fluid, as many have posted, are just not up to the rigors of track driving.

The Endless pads did leave some funny looking concentric rings of pad material (definitely not groves in the rotor) on both front rotors during my last 2 sessions that day. The pads are fine on the street and have better feel than the stock pads, but again that may also be partially attributable to the SS lines.

Hope this helps,

Mark