PDA

View Full Version : Anyone available early tomorrow to help check for boost leak

SJCoruja
04-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Today my boost totally changed and I can't figure out why. It spools up and boosts to the right level, but then quickly bleeds off. I am running a MBC and the IX turbo, and up until this afternoon I had at most .1 bar taper all the way to redline. Now when it peaks at 1.5, it is down to well below 1 bar before redline. I did look over the boost lines a bit but didn't see a problem there. Any other ideas? ..maybe my BOV has started leaking? Does anyone have some time tomorrow morning (as early as possible) to help me test some things out?

earlyapex
04-09-2006, 02:01 AM
What BOV?

Check the Compressor housing to outlet tube as well..

Evo442
04-09-2006, 06:09 AM
check all your hoses carefully. after I got my white rabbit one of my hoses off the intercooler split wide open. didn't hold much boost that way. had to replace with samco hoses.

also (this may sound weird but it happened to me) - make sure the maf is not fouled. after my WR install, i was having troubles holding boost after I replaced the hoses. my maf was fouled with oil. Once I cleaned it off, it held boost fine.

SJCoruja
04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
It is the MR BOV. I did check over the pipes a bit and everything looks fine. Gonna go check it out in more detail now though...

EvoVIII
04-09-2006, 11:51 AM
It is the MR BOV. I did check over the pipes a bit and everything looks fine. Gonna go check it out in more detail now though...
are you sure u installed it correctly?

SJCoruja
04-09-2006, 03:58 PM
are you sure u installed it correctly?

Yes, the BOV is in correctly and in fact nothing was changed/altered before the pressure drop. Have gone over it a few times and no visual holes. Ran out of time today to do a pressure test, but will do one shortly.