PDA

View Full Version : My friend was ripped off at Hayward Mitsubishi Service

ace33joe
04-08-2004, 03:08 PM
My friend bought a Red EVO at Hayward Mitsubishi.

His car is less than 5 months old, and he brought his car to Hayward Mitsu because he had "Service Engine Soon" light on.

Hayward Mitsu service person told him that engine was misfiring but it's ok, and he charged $120 as diagnosis fee.

He said that should be covered by warranty, but the dealer said warranty covers only there is something wrong.

He was arguing there, but he ended up paying $120. He also called Mitsubishi USA to complain, but Mitsu USA told him that dealer decides whether warranty applies or not.

Who's wrong here? I believe warranty should also cover the test whether there is any real problem or not, when the owner complains about problems, right?

blitzkrgCT9A
04-08-2004, 03:15 PM
buncha crooks there.. if you have any issues w/ ur EVO, take it to El Cerrito Mitsubishi. Ask for Randy the service manager. Tell him Cal from Gruppe-S sent ya.

ace33joe
04-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for your advice. I, myself have been to El Cerrito Mitsu, and San Rafael Mitsu, and I had good experiences with them.

Randy and John are cool, friendly.

Last year, one mechanic at El Cerrito Mitsu forgot to fasten transfer case filler plug after checking the oil level, so it was popped out while I was driving, but Randy towed my vehicle and took care of it. Fortunately, my Evo lost very little transfer case oil since it was filler plug not drain plug.

Anyhow, I recommended my friend those two dealers.

nebolic
04-08-2004, 03:34 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=739&highlight=stevens+creek

Read that, and tell your friend to go back and hassle them. He'll get his money back ;)

vtluu
04-08-2004, 03:56 PM
The same Hayward Mitsubishi that charged me $120 for a frickin' oil change. :roll: Ask me if I'm surprised? :ahnold:

Black_EVO
04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Fairfield wanted to charge $120 for oil change too....that is such :bs:
I think dealerships are such a rip-off.