PDA

View Full Version : SoCalEvo/NorCalEvo TRACK DAY POSSIBILITY!!!!!

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Here it is guys...what a lot of us have been waiting for! An EVO track day! Rob and I had a meeting with Aaron Bitterman of Speedventures.net on Friday night, and we came up with some pretty good stuff. Speedventures is holding an event at Thunderhill Park on Sunday February 8th. Thunderhill is a GREAT facility, one that experienced racers and newcomers alike enjoy! Speedventures has agreed to host the event for us along with their regularly scheduled track day. The price will be $150 which includes track time, t-shirts, timing, and trophies. We haven't finalized what the t-shirts will look like but they will have an EVO theme. For those of you who have not ever been to the track before, this price is very low to begin with, add the fact that it includes the shirts/trophies/timing and it goes from cheap to insanely cheap!! This would be a great opportunity for us to accomplish a number of things. 1-we'll have the opportunity to bring SoCalEvo and NorCalEvo together for the first time. 2-We'll have the opportunity to have a meet at a non-parking lot site with REAL activities and something other than the typical "meet and great let's go eat" theme. 3-IT'S TRACK RACING!!! Not everyone has to race. We can still have the meet, those who want to race will, and those who are not quite ready to track their car can watch and get a taste of what makes the rest of us crazy about racing! Thunderhill is located in Willows CA, 83 miles north of Scaramento (458 miles north of Los Angeles). That's right...it's a DRIVE for the SoCal guys. We could convoy up on saturday Feb. 7th and stay the night, then go racing/have the meet on Sunday the 8th. Please vote in the poll if you will be able to do this. Remember that time is an issue here. We need to know how many people can participate, and we need a certain level of commitment to make this worthwhile. I think that we need at least 15 SoCal members interested in racing to make it worthwhile as I'm sure many of the NorCal guys will be interested as it is close for them. We need to let Aaron at Speedventures know what kind of response we have and soon, so that he can organize the event and get the t-shirts printed. Feel free to PM me or email me with any questions or concerns! Post away!

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 04:29 PM
NorCalEvo guys: I'd like to introduce myslef, my name is Rich and I coordinate the SoCalEvo events along with Coolguy949 and Reheat. We need to get a list going to see how many people are for sure's here. Please vote in the poll as well as starting a list...thanks guys!

EvolvedDSM
12-13-2003, 06:21 PM
I am very interested in attending, but cannot plan that far in advance right now. I voted unsure and will let you know when that changes to a difinitive answer.

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Wow, 4 unsure's. I realize that it will require people to plan a little in advance, but I think it's worth it to plan for this one. We'll see.

nebolic
12-14-2003, 01:51 AM
quick questions, are you only limiting people with evo's to go, or can people with other rides come and sign up. I have a few buddies with WRX and NSX??? About 5 more guys if you open up the invite. Let me know so I can pass the word.

ob4
12-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Great idea for a meet. How many sessions will we be able to get? and how long per session? also, is it going to be ccw or cw configuration?

-Terry

Ricardon
12-14-2003, 02:48 AM
Great idea for a meet. How many sessions will we be able to get? and how long per session? also, is it going to be ccw or cw configuration?

-Terry

Hi Terry, Run groups are usually 20 min. in length, and there should be 5 or so sessions. Configuration is set CCW at the moment. However, it is important to note that Sunday at Thunderhill usually doesn't draw much of a crowd, so there could be more sessions. I hope to get enough EVO's there to make an impact. There will be other cars there, but the special pricing will be for EVO owners only for now. Other cars will be allowed to go, of course, but we will direct them to sponsor of the event instead.
-Rich

Ricardon
12-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Oh, and I see there is one person who voted that they will be able to attend. Remember that this will also be a MEET, so driving on the track isn't absolutely necessary. The SoCal guys plan on coming up and having a BBQ there as well, that is if we get enough interest. Start a list if you can. Thanks all!
-Rich

vtluu
12-14-2003, 03:18 AM
I'd like to go though just to meet up with everybody; I'm not doing any track time until I've done high performance driving school (Thunder Hill's or someone else's). Also assuming I don't have autocross the same day.

DB8GSR
12-14-2003, 01:24 PM
I will not be able to attend

:shock:

Next time!!! :roll:

ob4
12-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the info Rich. Count me in for 2/8.

-Terry

evo_dadi
12-15-2003, 06:08 PM
im for sure baby!!!! welcome rich,i talked to rob yesterday at autobacs when i met up with him and told me about this also. yes for evo track day!!!

evo_dadi
12-15-2003, 08:34 PM
hey where's the track hungry guys here,lets do this!!!!

Ricardon
12-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok guys good to see the NorCal guys are waking up!! It's deffinitely been my experience that NorCal guys are more into track days than the Hollywood types we got down here! Slam at our membership...NOOOO hehehe. Nice job and keep it coming! List up:

1. ob4
2. evo_dadi

XIII
12-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Ok guys good to see the NorCal guys are waking up!! It's deffinitely been my experience that NorCal guys are more into track days than the Hollywood types we got down here! Slam at our membership...NOOOO hehehe. Nice job and keep it coming! List up:

1. ob4
2. evo_dadiI'm in. Please add my name to the list.

Why not come to Drift Training (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4731) Jan. 17th, also held at Thunderhill, I am paid up for that one as well.

BTW, NorCaL Evo is invited to park your whips in the TS Garage (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?s=&act=Garage). Team SLAM has installed the final version of the IBF Plug-in with Garage developer Matt Copland on board to hack and tweak the database, according to member's requests.

CYA There!

Stew

Ricardon
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
1. ob4
2. evo_dadi
3. XIII

XIII
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Cross posted on TS (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4749).

ogvw
12-17-2003, 05:38 PM
I'd be down for this....... just let me know the details. Is it open to evo owners only? Cause I might know some non-evo owners that might like to go.

Jason

vtluu
12-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Aren't Team SLAM the ones that keep IM-spamming me and the ones that have been banned from evolutionm.net for similar offenses? :twisted:

evo_dadi
12-17-2003, 07:10 PM
I'd be down for this....... just let me know the details. Is it open to evo owners only? Cause I might know some non-evo owners that might like to go.

Jason

sup jason,as for now o thinks its a westcoast evo meet (norcal & socal) and the non-members i think has to go thru speedventures.

JanSolo
12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Aren't Team SLAM the ones that keep IM-spamming me and the ones that have been banned from evolutionm.net for similar offenses? :twisted:

I know their members have the biggest sigs ever on every one of their posts. Makes my eyes all stingy like.

XIII
12-18-2003, 10:59 AM

The first California Statewide Lancer Association Meet was organized on EvoMiT with a budget of $0 (http://www.calslam.com/about.php). One year L8r, we've still got the Lancer and Lancer Evolution Annual GTG scene 4 NorCaL/SoCaL/Central Valley & Coast locked down. BTW, Mark Modaressi and I were good friends when EvoMiT was LancerForums. I don't appreciate his bullshit "Bomb Squad". We're here to have fun and promote our Events (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4748) for everyone to attend. TS doesn't lock ppl out, ever.

The Stallions and Elite F-Bodies may want to participate in this track day. (http://thestallions.com) Let us know if this might be fun 4U2 (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4749&st=0&#entry50964)

TS is about love between Imports and Domestics (http://teamslam.com) Help don't hate. P'z

Stewart H - OG Valet, TS Garage (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?s=&act=Garage)

Ricardon
12-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Please, let's keep this thread as clean as possible! Think EVO track day here. As I and others have said the track will be open to other makes/models but will go through speedventures to sign up. I can't nor would I exclude anyone from attending the meet, but this thread is about SoCalEvo and NorCalEvo coming together for a track day and meet. Let's keep the spam and flames out of this thread. That being said, where are the rest of the NorCal guys? It looks pretty encouraging so far, by the time the date arrives we should have over 20 Evos at the event who will be racing, still unclear how many will go to spectate. Keep pumping the interest up in NorCal, and we'll see you all in Feb!
-Rich

evo_dadi
12-21-2003, 06:33 PM
i know its too soon for some people to pla ahead but lets try to keep this in mind that its going to be a westcoast meet/track so get your calendars and start marking. im gonna continue the list as started but im gonna add the spectators also to know how many people we got.

driving
1)ob4
2)evo_dadi
3)XIII
4)ogvw

spectators
1)vtluu

uhoh_evo
12-23-2003, 05:06 PM
as of now, im in...

driving
1)ob4
2)evo_dadi
3)XIII
4)ogvw

spectators
1)vtluu
2)uhoh_evo

Ricardon
12-23-2003, 08:46 PM
keep it going guys it looks like we are gonna push this through. We have 10 guys in SoCal comitted to drive, let's get 20 between the 2 of us and it will be awesome!! Just out of curiosity..how many EVO's do you guys get at your normal meets? Spectators are totally welcome as you can see! Bring it!!

ob4
12-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the update. Let me know where/when/how do I pay and officially register for the event.

-Terry (ob4)

jstockdale
12-26-2003, 02:12 AM
As long as the day ends up being clear ... I'm there. I'll be driving.

I'll let everyone know for sure when I get back to the states (Jan 5th)

Thanks

-S ...

evo_dadi
12-26-2003, 08:48 PM
driving
1)ob4
2)evo_dadi
3)XIII
4)ogvw
5)jstockdale

spectators
1)vtluu
2)uhoh_evo

JanSolo
12-28-2003, 03:33 AM
I am going. Count me in as driving - so long as I am not laid off in the next month. :)

Would there be a problem if a friend of mine who does not drive an Evo, participated in the track day with his car?

evo_dadi
12-28-2003, 06:34 AM
driving
1)ob4
2)evo_dadi
3)XIII
4)ogvw
5)jstockdale
6)jansolo

spectators
1)vtluu
2)uhoh_evo
3)evo_gurl+1

ogvw
01-11-2004, 11:42 AM
when do we have to register/pay??

evo_dadi
01-11-2004, 01:56 PM
no words yet from rob or speedventures but ill keep you posted on any decisions.

r6bruin
01-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Cool, finally we got our OWN event! Neat. Hope I can join it but I'm not sure yet. Please keep us posted on the details and deadline.

Thanks guys for organizing.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
man this stuff sounds fun but im skerd hehe...never really raced on a track before other than go cart racing lolz

vtluu
01-13-2004, 06:27 PM
If you're unsure of your abilities, autocross is a safer way to develop your car control skills. Tracking is fun and can be pretty safe if you know what you're doing--that being said I've never done it myself.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
yeah im gonna have to take up on that someday :)

XIII
01-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Below is my post from SoCaLEvo.Net...

I'll be a the NCDA training and open track day @ Thunderhill this coming Saturday. Here's a proposal for Rob and his crew. Team SLAM is holding Modesto Madness on Saturday February 7th. Roll up to Modesto and cruise the American Graffitti Strip with our peeps. Then we all party at a hotel, chill and get a good sleep. We will roll to Willows from there with you early Sunday morning on Feb. 8th. Post up here if u R down 4 this proposal (http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4862). Jeff Hahn (U9V) is in charge of the Far East Bay. He'll hook you up with anything u need to make this happen.Marcel is down if u R. This is straight up I5 for those of you who don't know...

L8r

Stew

I doubt my 4G63 swap will be done by that weekend, so I'll put it off until afterwards...I'll be driving. When do you need the cash and who gets the paypal transfer?

coolguy949
01-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Ok everyone, we need the final headcount for this meet. SpeedVentures needs to know.

DRIVING

NorCalEvo
1. ob4
2. evo_dadi
3. XIII
4. ogvw
5. jstockdale
6.jan solo

SoCalEvo
1. Ricardon
2. gt40
3. blurr
4. Bevo
5. apexstrafer
6. STiTHIS
7. Whendidieatcorn
8. Temjin
9. GokuSSJ4
10. coolguy949

spectators
1. vtluu
2. uhoh_evo

Here it is guys...what a lot of us have been waiting for! An EVO track day! Rob and I had a meeting with Aaron Bitterman of Speedventures.net on Friday night, and we came up with some pretty good stuff. Speedventures is holding an event at Thunderhill Park on Sunday February 8th. Thunderhill is a GREAT facility, one that experienced racers and newcomers alike enjoy! Speedventures has agreed to host the event for us along with their regularly scheduled track day. The price will be $150 which includes track time, t-shirts, timing, and trophies. We haven't finalized what the t-shirts will look like but they will have an EVO theme. For those of you who have not ever been to the track before, this price is very low to begin with, add the fact that it includes the shirts/trophies/timing and it goes from cheap to insanely cheap!! This would be a great opportunity for us to accomplish a number of things. 1-we'll have the opportunity to bring SoCalEvo and NorCalEvo together for the first time. 2-We'll have the opportunity to have a meet at a non-parking lot site with REAL activities and something other than the typical "meet and great let's go eat" theme. 3-IT'S TRACK RACING!!! Not everyone has to race. We can still have the meet, those who want to race will, and those who are not quite ready to track their car can watch and get a taste of what makes the rest of us crazy about racing! Thunderhill is located in Willows CA, 83 miles north of Scaramento (458 miles north of Los Angeles). That's right...it's a DRIVE for the SoCal guys. We could convoy up on saturday Feb. 7th and stay the night, then go racing/have the meet on Sunday the 8th. Please vote in the poll if you will be able to do this. Remember that time is an issue here. We need to know how many people can participate, and we need a certain level of commitment to make this worthwhile. I think that we need at least 15 SoCal members interested in racing to make it worthwhile as I'm sure many of the NorCal guys will be interested as it is close for them. We need to let Aaron at Speedventures know what kind of response we have and soon, so that he can organize the event and get the t-shirts printed. Feel free to PM me or email me with any questions or concerns! Post away!

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 06:12 PM
I've been taken off the list. :(

wilson1
01-16-2004, 06:17 PM
They don't like you!

evo_dadi
01-16-2004, 09:33 PM
taken care of jan :)

wilson1
01-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Hell, I am in!
It's going to be great fun!!

evo_dadi
01-17-2004, 07:44 AM
DRIVING

NorCalEvo
1. ob4
2. evo_dadi
3. XIII
4. ogvw
5. jstockdale
6. jan solo
7. wilson1

SoCalEvo
1. Ricardon
2. gt40
3. blurr
4. Bevo
5. apexstrafer
6. STiTHIS
7. Whendidieatcorn
8. Temjin
9. GokuSSJ4
10. coolguy949

spectators
1. vtluu
2. uhoh_evo
3. evo_gurl

ok guys keep it coming!! either youre driving or watching come and lets all have some fun.

wilson1
01-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Rifkin from Works said he is going !
Probably with some more Works guys too!

JanSolo
01-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Actually, I think I am going to go only as a spectator.

evo_dadi
01-17-2004, 10:18 PM
i think they have to go thru speedventures if they're not registered in norcalevo but im not sure how it will go. i think rob can answer that part since he's the one talking to speedventures for this meet. try sending him a pm and see what he says about it.

wilson1
01-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Will there be any instructors there for those that wants them?
Just curious?
That would bring more people in for sure.

r6bruin
01-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Will there be any instructors there for those that wants them?
Just curious?
That would bring more people in for sure.

If you signed up directly with speed ventures, I believe they will charge you an extra $30 or so if you need instructor, which is required for beginners. Not sure about the Evo group deal tho, can anyone confirm?

wilson1
01-17-2004, 11:47 PM
r6bruin,

Are you coming?

r6bruin
01-17-2004, 11:52 PM
r6bruin,

Are you coming?

Still not sure yet, are you? With all the stuff you learned in the last Thunderhill trackday, you should have enuff skills to be on your own this time, so no worries about the instructor part :)

JanSolo
01-17-2004, 11:58 PM
r6bruin,

Are you coming?

Still not sure yet, are you? With all the stuff you learned in the last Thunderhill trackday, you should have enuff skills to be on your own this time, so no worries about the instructor part :)

But wusses like me *need* them. After driving with my friends on the track, I realized how crappy of a driver I am. I NEED SKILLZ yo!

wilson1
01-18-2004, 12:08 AM
No problem!
Wait till you see what i have on my car!

howiEVO8
01-18-2004, 04:26 AM
r6bruin,

Are you coming?

But wusses like me *need* them. After driving with my friends on the track, I realized how crappy of a driver I am. I NEED SKILLZ yo!

me too....hehe...ummm...how much is it to run at thunderhill?

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 08:48 AM
DRIVING

NorCalEvo
1. ob4
2. evo_dadi
3. XIII
4. ogvw
5. jstockdale
6. wilson1

SoCalEvo
1. Ricardon
2. gt40
3. blurr
4. Bevo
5. apexstrafer
6. STiTHIS
7. Whendidieatcorn
8. Temjin
9. GokuSSJ4
10. coolguy949

spectators
1. vtluu
2. uhoh_evo
3. evo_gurl
3. jan solo

no prices for the event yet but i think it would run about $150. just keep a tab on the posts for updates.

vtluu
01-18-2004, 02:08 PM
3. evo_gurl
3. jan solo
Hey Jan, looks like evo_gurl's got your number... or you hers... so to speak. :wink:

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 05:29 PM
3. evo_gurl
3. jan solo
Hey Jan, looks like evo_gurl's got your number... or you hers... so to speak. :wink:

Ooh and she's on top too.

Rifkin@WORKS
01-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Rifkin from Works said he is going !
Probably with some more Works guys too!

Yep, I just talked to Pete and he wants to go too, so please count us in. :)

BTW: Wilson, any chance you can show me your trick for how to perch up on top of turn 5? ;)

Rifkin

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
DRIVING

NorCalEvo
1. ob4
2. evo_dadi
3. XIII
4. ogvw
5. jstockdale
6. wilson1
7. rifkin +?

SoCalEvo
1. Ricardon
2. gt40
3. blurr
4. Bevo
5. apexstrafer
6. STiTHIS
7. Whendidieatcorn
8. Temjin
9. GokuSSJ4
10. coolguy949

spectators
1. vtluu
2. uhoh_evo
3. evo_gurl
4. jan solo

lol ok guys remember she's gonna be there at the meet also and she occasionally checks the boards also :)

vtluu
01-18-2004, 08:09 PM
All in good fun; no offense intended. :) Isn't she your sister Marcel? (Careful what you say Jan, wouldn't want to see you get B4NN3D :P).

Wow, 21 Evos... now that will be quite a sight...

e8
01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
are there still spots open?

coolguy949
01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Yes, i'll have more info in this during the week.

ogvw
01-26-2004, 11:19 PM
When do we pay? Do we need to register or something?

wilson1
01-26-2004, 11:26 PM

yeah!

EvoVIII
01-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Is there still places left open for the Race on ThunderHill?

e8
01-27-2004, 12:07 PM

that's what i was thinking!

coolguy949
01-27-2004, 12:10 PM
You need to register on SpeedVentures.net for the thunderhill event on the 8th. Make ure you put down that you have an evo and you will get the NorCalEvo/SoCalEvo discount.

About $30 off
Free timing
Free shirts
Trophies to the winners.

ogvw
01-27-2004, 05:48 PM
yea yea! just registered 8)

coolguy949
01-28-2004, 11:33 AM
This thread is now locked. Please refer to this thread now:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=274