BluEvo
05-10-2004, 12:00 PM
that's looking good!

wilson1
05-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Awesome!!

JanSolo
05-10-2004, 12:32 PM
That is pretty slick. I have to ask - why did good ol' Thomas post his boost gauge there as opposed to the steering column? I am not saying what he did was bad, just trying to understand the why.

torrentprime
05-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Ooh--one sexy HUD.
LOVE stuff like that.

ez76
05-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I love the Defi HUD. For mine, I actually didn't mount the film to the windshield; I found it was bright enough even during the day, without the film for contrast. The penalty is that I see some echo "ghosting" of the LED's, and the warning lights don't jump out like they otherwise would, but I wasn't sure how I felt about affixing film to the windshield.

EvolvedDSM
05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
That is pretty slick. I have to ask - why did good ol' Thomas post his boost gauge there as opposed to the steering column? I am not saying what he did was bad, just trying to understand the why.

I think that would kinda defeat the whole HUD theme ;)

Evo442
05-11-2004, 05:41 AM
Wow. Love that HUD!

evo_dadi
05-11-2004, 06:59 AM
nice!!! thomas is pimpin it ;)

jbigelow
05-11-2004, 11:55 AM
need money for this mod!!!!!!!

looks better in person!!!!!!!!!

looking good thomas!!!!!!!!!

-jbigs

ytsejam
05-11-2004, 02:46 PM
hey john long time no see, where've u been man?

jbigelow
05-11-2004, 03:20 PM
hey john long time no see, where've u been man?

hey majesty, i mean ytsejam, how you been?

jus' work and furnishing and landscaping the new home.

trying ot save up on some mods. and you?

-jbigs

tama_mog
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I dunno, the vsd wasn't as useful as I thought it'd be, I just kinda stuck it to the left side so it doesn't block my view and distract my attention. It's some good eye candy though, and I agree with the leaving the film off part, it looks kinda tacky when the vsd isn't on.

thomas
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM
sup fellas! hey G, thx for posting this up. ive been too lazy to download my digi pics to my labtop.

thx for the feedback guys...i love this thing, and i cant wait to put in more sensors (although my evo is mainly stock, id like to kno what my references are...).

yo jan, i put the boost there because i wanted it away from my steering column, my old gauge obstructed my view of the stock panel and really didnt like that. so it was put up therrre. and jamie's rite, the boost up by the a-pillar keeps my head up :D

one more thing, the film does help, someone already said something about the "ghosting" effect of the display, Gino, at gb motorsports, showed my the effect before putting the film on. i think it looks way better with it on. IMO.

interesting note: i asked a chp when he came into my work about this HUD thingie...he said it was all legal, i wasnt sure at first, but now i have no worries.

thx again ystejam, piece.

RonV
05-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Who did your boost gauge install?

thomas
05-11-2004, 08:30 PM
gino, at gb motorsports, in fremont.

BTW, has anybody seen his new ride...its phucking bad a$$, e46 with hamann body kit and HRE (big) wheels.

ytsejam
05-11-2004, 08:32 PM
anytime homie...

uhoh_evo
09-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Another one from the dead... Anyone still have pics w/ whatever this guy's setup was? I dun really wanna put anything on my steering column as I feel it would obstruct my view as well. And being on my A-pillar may attract some unwanted attention. Then w/ a relocation kit I don't wanna change the center panel very much.

Jbiggs used to have a clean setup also. Anyone have pics of it. Er even any custom HUD setup. Thanks!