PDA

View Full Version : SRT4's really are Th3 FaStAR

KareBearPowa
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
stock gearbox my ass, 221 mph with a stock gearbox? lol

http://speedoptions.com/news/article_view.php?id=5923

TEAM MOPAR'S MOLLER OF RACEDECKR RACING SETS LAND SPEED RECORD AT SALT FLATS EVENT

Center Line, Mich. - Team Mopar's Jorgen Moller, member of the prestigious Bonneville 200 mph Club, set his 5th career land speed record last week in a production Mopar Dodge SRT4 Car at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The record-breaking average was set at 221 mph on the five-mile course, and established the Dodge SRT4 as the fastest four-cylinder production car in the world.

"It is amazing how well the car performed at over 220 mph when you consider that the body, transmission and engine block are exactly the same as the (street version) SRT4," said Moller. "We've got to hand it to the Dodge engineers for building such a great performance car. The 2.4L SRT4 motor is a fantastic platform to work from, and we have been able to create reliable 700-800 horsepower that survives the long five-mile runs at full power on gas," Moller said.

Mopar is no stranger to the SRT4 platform, or the Bonneville Speedweeks event. The brand produces upgrade kits for the four-cylinder cars, as well as an entire line of accessory parts. Mopar is pleased with Moller and RacedeckR Racing's efforts in the Bonneville Salt Flats Speedweeks.

"Mopar is proud to work in conjunction with Moller and the RacedeckR Racing team as they achieve this honor," said Kevin Miller, Senior Manager, Mopar Brand, Performance and Motorsports. "The race teams and drivers that compete under the Mopar banner are among the best in the business and we're pleased to be a part of this effort."

Moller's Dodge SRT4 competed in the PS/F class (2.1 to 3.0 liter motor - production Supercharged /Turbo). This class showcases vehicles that compete with factory bodies and transmissions. The powerplant must be of the same configuration as the vehicle's factory production settings. Vehicles must also be gas compatible.

Moller is a life member of the Bonneville 200 MPH club, has set over 10 land speed records and currently holds five existing records. He also has a Dodge SRT4-powered 1932 roadster in the F classes where he set a record in the Blown Street Roadster class at over 200 mph, making it The Fastest 4 cylinder Street Roadster on the Planet. Moller is the CEO and owner of Snap Lock Industries, the manufacturer of RACEDEDCKR Garage Floors and SnapSportsR.

evo_dadi
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
i smell bs :(

lncrevoviii
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM

yea, i thought i smelled something, but couldn't point out what it was. :D

ek9_evo9
08-29-2006, 07:23 AM
hm, sounds like the srt4 camp is going to have a feild day with this article.

vtluu
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM

Power, weight, gearing. It's not rocket science. Why is that so hard to believe?

And who cares anyway? Regardless of how fast your car can go, until you can actually drive it that fast, you're just an armchair racer (and I'm not just talking about SRT-4 owners).

wzcx
08-29-2006, 10:50 AM
They could, technically, be not lying- but their diff ratio must be absurd. Like 1:15? :) :)

Actually it's a 2.96, so they'd have to go to a 1.5 in order to double top speed... Which I guess would do it. That's a funky custom box fer sher.

evo_dadi
08-29-2006, 04:16 PM

Power, weight, gearing. It's not rocket science. Why is that so hard to believe?

And who cares anyway? Regardless of how fast your car can go, until you can actually drive it that fast, you're just an armchair racer (and I'm not just talking about SRT-4 owners).

i should have qouted correctly.i was agreeing bryan's call on the gearbox.happy? :lol: :P

vtluu
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
This class showcases vehicles that compete with factory bodies and transmissions. The powerplant must be of the same configuration as the vehicle's factory production settings. Vehicles must also be gas compatible.

Doesn't say the engine has to be stock. They could probably build up something with the stock block, that can withstand insane revs for short amounts of time.

Bonneville is the ultimate car bowling. But unless you're going supersonic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrust_SSC), I'm not interested. :nana: