PDA

View Full Version : COPS question...

masurie
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Ok,

I have been trying to find the best gt30r kit, and i think full-race makes the best but they have a really intimidating looking manifold.

My question is how often the cops told u to pop up the hood if they pull you over, and if they do open it and found the manifold and let say the intake, what will they do about it?

Cant believe cops will be in the way between me and the 30r, :lol: :lol:, in Indonesia cops will actually watch you race the car or even one time he asked me to give him a ride :lol: :lol:

thanks for reading

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-29-2006, 12:52 AM
most cops here know by now what kind of mods we all do to import cars...most of them research about it..I'll say they'll give u a ticket right away...and maybe more...

SilverStreak
10-29-2006, 01:16 AM
when it comes to cops...my mindset is hope for the best...expect the worst.

plain and simple...a aftermarket manifold will be very to spot...as will the intake. Pretty much nowadays (CARB legal or not) any open air filter intake is a ticket. If you can find some way to mount some sort of stock looking heat shield over the manifold...you may be able to pull it off (the less to see and the more stock looking the better)

cops are getting "better training" to site and cite mods. Unless you are prepared to deal with cops/state ref/emissions/etc...then i would reconsider your setup.

UCB
10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Yeah, cops also have a full book of pictures of illegal mods. Even if they dont know its a tubular manifold, it still looks like aftermarket headers from a honduh or something

If you are looking for stealth/OEM look, go with the Road Race engineering kit. With their heat shields, looks very OEMish

lncrevoviii
10-30-2006, 01:17 AM
wow, I didn't even realize we had a new forum specially for the coppers.

^ what UCB said.
or black paint always does the trick. ;) :D

dl_EVO
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
sleeper if you don't want any trouble..

any manifold that looks like it could be aftermarket you probably don't want to get..

stainless steel..forget about it!!

UCB
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
thats why I said the RRE kit. its a GT3076, but they still use the stock heat shield

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=25695.0

06IXMR
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I actually wanted to get the 50trim kit from RRE...I need to take a road trip, plan 4 days off in socal then come back up here with 400/400 :D

UCB
10-30-2006, 11:39 PM
lol...just up it to the gt30r

You wont hit 400whp on a 50 trim on pump, at least not on any of the local dynos

masurie
10-30-2006, 11:42 PM
how is RRE compares with buschur, because i know buschur also use cast manifold

AreSTG
10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
lol...just up it to the gt30r

You wont hit 400whp on a 50 trim on pump, at least not on any of the local dynos

DBTuned fer shure will :)

masurie
10-31-2006, 12:42 PM
how aggressive is the tune?

AreSTG
10-31-2006, 02:05 PM
i meant that dyno reads high

evo8dustu
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
ive gotten pulled over 15+ times, and only gotten asked to pop hood twice.

masurie
10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
whats the circumstances in which you were asked to pop the hood??

MitsuMan
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM
My car get its hood popped every time but all my mods (appear) legal so I don't care
What you need to do is buy a kit that adapts to the stock manifold like the Vishnu stageII kit. other than that all mods have to have a C.A.R.B. number on them. painting it black will fool some cops but not the good ones and those are the only ones that will actually pop your hood. some cops don't want to go there because they aren't sure of their judgment on mods

SilverStreak
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
The main flaw in the system is that most of this is subjective.

I was pulled over 3 times in the civic. The CHP the first time wrote me a ticket for speeding (which i was stupidly doing)-wished me well and sent me on my way without mentioning the mods.

The local sherriff pulled me over...wrote up everything he could see without popping the hood...then tacked on speeding, then bitched me out, threatened to tow my car if he saw me drive it again...and told me to go home, and trailed me for a bit as well to make sure I got home.

The final time, the cop pulled me over because he thought it was loud. then asked me to pop my hood. No ticket, and sent me on my way.

Its really up to them. There have even been some tickets written up for stock parts...thats right...stock parts. Either way...cops can write up anything and everything, stealthed, carb'ed, anything. In general, the cleaner and stock looking the car is...the better chance it will be overlooked. CARB numbers always help too.

Cops are just getting way too smart with training videos, and what not. Since they are pretty much not liable for what they write up...they will do whatever.

PANGES
11-02-2006, 07:17 PM
lol. I had my hood popped twice in the same night within the same hour. Only thing I was worried about was that they'd see my stainless steel o2 housing, but they both overlooked it. The first cop let me go, the 2nd cop gave me a ticket for my exhaust. Shrugs.

Positron
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
The last 3 times I have been pulled over in SJ, they were all at NIGHT TIME. All three pulls featured hood popping haha. Thats the first thing they tell me to do.

I got away twice since cops arent that clever and cant recognize boost controllers or BOV. But the 3rd time the cop really wanted to ticket me for front plates and exhaust. Which included a ticket for old address on drivers license. Because I just moved to the area.

MitsuMan
11-03-2006, 12:52 AM
they wana catch me ridin' dirtay

RgistRdShowoffIX
01-01-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah their training videos are REALLY extensive.. :sarcasm:

anyone remember the training vid on YouTube back in the summer time? omg hilarious footage. mwahahahahaha