Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GST ECU-based boost control under development.

Default GST ECU-based boost control under development.

We are developing a ECU-based closed loop boost control for the evos and have been doing some R&D in the last week on my personal EVO 8.

So far the data is great and I am really excited with the results.

One of the biggest problems with the stock boost control solenoid on the EVO is that, even tuned with different pills, the response and spool rate was always behind a good MBC.

With our new ECU-based boost control, we keep all the factory safe-guards but lose all the factory shortcomings mentioned above. Lightning fast spool, even better than a MBC so far in our testing!, fast response that the stock solenoid cannot match and the ability to custom tailor the boost curve with complete control.

The other great benefit of this system is for people that want to run separate 91 octane tunes and race gas tunes. No more having to pop the hood and twist the MBC to up the boost for the race gas tune and hope that you set it right. Now this is fully controlled by the ecu reflash. Reflash your 91 octane tune to your race gas tune and your boost is set already. Reflash back to your 91 octane tune and your boost is reset to your 91 octane tune.

Here is a comparison between a MBC and our new ECU-based boost control:
    (Test run is our new boost control, Base Run is MBC)

Ignition timing was not changed, AFR was changed to match the MBC tune. (11.5 AFR on 100 octane)

Expect more news soon as we continue to develop this!

Default Re: GST ECU-based boost control under development.

hmmm... Interesting. Keep us update.
    - Rod

wow look at the awsome change in the tq curve

also, i'm so glad to see this finally going somewhere, i've been asking about it alot. Great way to keep the engine looking stock, and if it works better than the stock system is capable of that's even better

Interesting stuff - maybe I switched to a mbc too soon!

Out of curiousity, bryan, how stable is the boost with your new setup? Even with error correction turned way down, my boost seemed to fluctuate with the stock boost solenoid.

are you guys using a different boost solenoid?
    Reincarnated as Evo442

Got any pics of the boost curves with the mbc vs GST/EBC? which mbc - hallman pro rx?

Reincarnated as Evo442

this would be excellent for the majority of us.
    Can't wait for more results.

Awesome news and great work! I like my MBC, but would much rather have ECU-controlled boost to keep all the failsafes in place. Keep the news coming!
    SpeedElement
    GSTMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Evo442
    Got any pics of the boost curves with the mbc vs GST/EBC? which mbc - hallman pro rx?

Coming.

Ah, so is this the "secret sauce" you were referring to earlier?

Man, you car makes a lot of power on 100! You're running the stock turbo, right?

Just wondering what you can do to support a ECUflash / ECU+ setup. I want to limit the amount of times I reflash my car (ok, not like I'm going to be tracking or anything), so what can be done for this? I would guess that there's some middle ground somewhere for the boost settings?

EDIT -- aw f it. I want this.