Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evo 8 upgrade ignition, finally!

Default Evo 8 upgrade ignition, finally!

Fooking finally! 2 freaking years later and the wait is finally over. Kit consist of a CDI module, bracket, plug n' play harness, and two upgraded coils.
    There will be a provision for a 2 step for those who want to break their drivetrain and it also is plug n' play (hook up with your clutch switch).
    I'm still working on the Evo 9 and trying to figure out it doesn't work. As soon I figure something out, the same kit for the 8 should work for the 9. For time being the kit is for the 8 and DSM only.

NorcalEVO members get 10% off the retail price for now. As soon I finalized pricing with the manufacture and secure a pricing. There should be more distributors for the unit.

The CDI module list price is $299.00
    Install kit (Evo Cool list price is $99.00
    Upgraded Coils* list price $73.00/each

*These are Montero coils, part number is MD303922 for those who want to buy these at your local dealer.

Default Re: Evo 8 upgrade ignition, finally!

Pic of the Kit? More details? Which CDI module are you using?

CDI module is co-engineer with Dynatek/Dynojet. I have pictures of install and such but stoopid server farted and can't find it. I'll keep digging for now and if I can't find it. I'll snap some more tomorrow.

Ty is sending me a unit as we speak. I will be doing some dyno testing before/after, photos, etc!

Nice work Ty!

Here's the supplied instruction for the EVO. I'm sending earlyapeshit a unit. He can fondle and masturbate and give you guys a direct feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEVO
    Here's the supplied instruction for the EVO. I'm sending earlyapeshit a unit. He can fondle and masturbate and give you guys a direct feedback.

:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST
    Ty is sending me a unit as we speak. I will be doing some dyno testing before/after, photos, etc!

Nice work Ty!
    mmm... it will be interesting to see what sort of improvement you'll see on the dyno with this magic box.

McFly should get the setup by Monday. He can fill you guys in on the magik box.

I'll play the part of Biff and will gladly take the magic box away if it works.