Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tech article: brake rotor engineering

Default Re: brake rotor engineering

hmmm i guess it's rays then whatever foundry makes volk wheels
    I <3 Nisei Engineering

Good article. I dont know how much of this is track tested versus in theory analysis. I have used all the brands listed above and the only one that actually did not let me dwon with stock callipers is giro disc. I have beaten the living crap out of them and under some severe heat ( down south and arizona ). Second to that will be the DBA 2 piece.

I would like to know what you think of the above two , since it seems like you have done quite a bit of research on the subject, thanks for the info , it help me put some question to rest.

Thanks
    Sammy

PS: you should also investigate which foundaries these products come from and what grade material they use. Structural integrity is dependent on the metalurgy. Asian foundaries with exception of Japan and perhaps Taiwan have continualy used low grade metal. May be you have some info on various foundaries they use?
    WWW.METHODBUILT.COM<br />PHONE 415 839 0058 , 415 839 0069<br /><br /> HELPING YOU KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP SINCE 2002<br /><br />Those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know

so you tried the stop techs and racing brakes and they failed on you?

me as someone "not inside the industry" it's hard to come by such info. the people who are in the industry have no desire to inform the public so that the public can make educated decisions on purchases.
    I &lt;3 Nisei Engineering