Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EvoScan

Default EvoScan

Well recently I got a tune at GST Motorsports and the car feels great. Well topic is I purchase EvoScan and installed it on my laptop that is using Windows XP. After installing the software and when I got to open EvoScan I get this message

Error: Unable to load DLL 'FTD2CC.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Does anyone know why this is happening and the fix for this problem? By the way I downloaded Version 1.0. I also try using the EvoScan on my dads laptop which he is also using Window's XP and the same problem.
    Lazyness is the mother of all necessities

Default Re: EvoScan

not sure... does it give you that message in the event log window or something? Is this with or without the cable plugged into the car? Have you tried logging even without it or does it just crash EvoScan?

go to www.dependencywalker.com and download the Microsoft Dependency Walker tool. Open up FTD2CC.dll and look for any dependencies that aren't loaded.

This gives me the message right before the program opens. I have tried having the cable pluged in before EvoScan opens and after EvoScan opens. The message still comes up before the program opens.

Hey Curtis,

Do you have the latest .NET installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Does EcuFlash work?

I haven't tried EcuFlash yet. Let me go try that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr05evo
    I haven't tried EcuFlash yet. Let me go try that.
    have you installed EcuFlash yet? It will install drivers for the cable.

EcuFlash doesn't see the car either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr05evo
    EcuFlash doesn't see the car either.
    Have you installed .NET?

Requires installation of Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 (its not installed by default with XP, not by default with Vista)
    Otherwise you'll get this message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)." - to fix install MS .NET Framework v1.1

Requires installation of Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 (its not installed by default with XP, already by default in Vista)
    Otherwise you'll get this message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)." - to fix install MS .NET Framework v1.1

MS.NET Framework v1.1 and v2.0 are two different pieces of software, both should be installed on the PC at once.

Basically if the laptop can run Windows fine, then the EvoScan software will also run.

The EvoScan software runs really fast, even on 300Mhz machines.
    To get maximum speed on EvoScan:
    - Disable Log To Screen, and Enable Logging Superspeed, run a power inverter in your car for your laptop to get full speed cpu from your laptop (Less effect is noticed on 2.0Ghz laptops with a/c power, but slower laptops or laptops running off the battery benefit a lot of speed with these settings)