Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rev Limiter FTL!!

Default Rev Limiter FTL!!

The other day, I was driving with my friend when we came to a red light. He convinced me to launch my 2006 Evo GSR, Stock with the exception of a Turbo Back Exhaust and a ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch. I Revved the engine to 6500 rpm for a good 3 seconds before the light turned green, I dumped the clutch and the car took off like a bat out of hell, enough wheel spin to shift the car sideways a little before taking off.

Friday: I went to the runs with the same friend, and as we got there he suggested I do a test run, so I rev the engine, No good! for some reason, the rev limiter decided to kick in this time, and I couldn't go beyond 5000rpm. I decided to launch it anyway, and it bogged, infront of 60 people it bogged. :shock:

The only difference between the two occasions was that the first time, the tranny was still in gear before coming to a complete stop, second time, it was neutral, stop, first gear, rev, clutch, bog.

Any suggestions, Inputs or advice on how to fix this?

Default Re: Rev Limiter FTL!!

Weird.. I have the same question. The other day I was actually able to rev it to 8k at a dead stop, then I tried it again and it was at 5k RPM rev limiter. There was absolutely no difference in launching techniques, but I was pretty much scared shitless when I saw it rev to 8k RPM.
    Hi, my name is Charlie.
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR.

The car must be totally stationary, not moving at all, the clutch must be in all the way, and in gear for the ecu launch limiter to engage.

Sometimes it can get cranky however.

4. Default Re: Rev Limiter FTL!!

ive had the limiter go on at both 5k and 7k.

i like the sound of 7k better :lol:

but yes, sometimes it doesnt feel like working...
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

But I hit 8k, that's what got me wondering.
    Hi, my name is Charlie.

6. Default Re: Rev Limiter FTL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    But I hit 8k, that's what got me wondering.
    that means it didnt turn on...

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com

if you don't have the clutch pushed down all the way that will happen
    Winning isn&#039;t everything, it&#039;s the only thing.<br />

Isn't our rev limiter at 7k? I thought you can't go over that, or else engine damage will occur?
    Hi, my name is Charlie.

9. Default Re: Rev Limiter FTL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2
    Isn't our rev limiter at 7k? I thought you can't go over that, or else engine damage will occur?
    factory is 5k

Not launch control.. But rev limiter if you were go gear. Aren't we limited to 7k?
    Hi, my name is Charlie.