Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

Default Re: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

So what are you using to tune the EVO X?

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Default Re: WORKS: Northern California's Leading Mitsubishi Tuner and Service Center

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    So what are you using to tune the EVO X?

nebo
    Works -New Ecuteck software

Gst- Why rush perfection? From what i ve heard cobb and ecuflash are soon to come, both with more complete software

Quote Originally Posted by jbfoco
    Gst- Why rush perfection? From what i ve heard cobb and ecuflash are soon to come, both with more complete software
    What is/will the difference between the Cobb Tune and ECUtek tune for the X? In other words, why is one better? (Besides not having to pay?)

WORKS Engineers actually cracked the ECU and developed our Flash from scratch, we are not using Ecuteck software. In fact Ecuteck has had access to the EVO X for approximately 2 months longer than any of us here in the states so we are quite proud of how quickly our software engineers cracked the ECU. Also it should be noted that we did not copy our Flash for the EVO 8/9 from Ecuteck. We developed that Flash in house as well. We did and still do offer the Ecuteck flash for customers who already have it, or customers abroad who have access to Ecuteck tuners, but our 8/9 flash was developed in-house. I cannot comment more on GST, as I mentioned above I had heard they were using Ecuteck, not their own in-house developed Flash, but it isn't on their website, just through the grape vine, you'll have to call and ask them directly to find out what flashing system they are using.

I hope that helps clarify some points. We'll try and get the X dyno sheets up soon.

Bill
    Power | Precision | Passion

www.worksmotorsports.com

can you PM me some rates for some fluid changes on the X. I need my oil, tranny fluid changed and also your available schedule sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Don't want to take it to the dealer.

cheers
    nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by D7
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfoco
    What is/will the difference between the Cobb Tune and ECUtek tune for the X? In other words, why is one better? (Besides not having to pay?)
    Cobb you can switch maps with a in car modual... no laptop needed, and is rumored to have better more complete ecu control vs ecuteck

ecuteck- has been saying for years they are comming out with switchable maps.... never happened.Â* you have to pay for a ecuteck license, they locked their tunes on 8's.

IMO - wait for proven, user friendly software.