Thread: READ ME - Tech Section

Default READ ME - Tech Section

***Will be in effect until this post is removed***

Please excuse me while I move threads around in the Tech section.
    You might see old threads being revived.

Please do not be alarm.
    Most important of all, please do not post in those threads.
    Doing so will bump the thread to the top.
    I do not want to lock every threads that I'm moving around so your cooperation is much appreciated

Thank you,

Rob
    - Rob

WLD a.k.a. Wilson LOL Disease - there's currently no cure for this.

Learn from your mistake: Start off with spin-outs then power slides.

Default Re: READ ME - Tech Section

Feel free to comment.
    - Rob

umm I don't get it.. What are you doing? Just moving threads?

Ps feel free to delete any of my threads in the tech section while your at it.
    Eat me

Quote Originally Posted by stevo8
    umm I don't get it.. What are you doing? Just moving threads?

Ps feel free to delete any of my threads in the tech section while your at it.
    I'm merging some threads, deleting some.
    To merge I needs to locate all the target threads, so I'll have to temp move them up and stuff to make life easier for me.

Why delete your threads in the tech sections?
    - Rob

Well for the most part I feel like theres no need to go out of my way to help out if its not appreciated... I have my resources and I have worked pretty hard for them as well as my experience with not only the evo but general mechanics as well.... I have tested things for members here, I have gone well out of my way to provide information to people that I thought would be helpful, I have sold things here absolutely dirt fvcking cheap in order to help people out, I have tried to offer as many of my connections as possible to help the community, driven to peoples houses I have never met before in order to help them for absolutely no money, I get phone calls on my cell from members every single day, and I can assure you that I handle every single one to the absolute best of my knowledge etc etc etc..... I am not a vendor here, I do not own a retail business, and I dont work for anyone that can in any way benefit from my efforts, I do this because I enjoy helping people and only for that reason. I have seen people get the brunt end of the stick several times and I have gone WAY out of my way to try to prevent this from happening again BUT people that hold high status in this community dont give a flying fvck about the community or who gets screwed in the community that they administer and/or moderate for, so why should I? From now on Im just going to be another one of those lame arses who uses the forum to bs on and not contribute anything worth while. I have met a lot of great people because of this site and I will as always help out anyone I can through pm, phone or in person, but I will not contribute anymore hard work to a forum that doesnt care about the community they cater to.

Theres a reason why I made more power on my piece of crap 2003 VIII then a lot of people do on their IX's, theres a reason why Jbfoco has made more power on his VIII with a stock turbo then anyone else in the area has, theres a reason why Sean (smack) holds records in nasa, theres a reason why people drive from LA to have Bryan tune their cars, theres a reason why SpeedElement had such a great showing last weekend, theres a reason why Paul Langlie's car is such a prominent figure in the redline street class with less then half the mods of other cars....... I can go on like this all day, but my point is, is that the community should open their eyes and really take a look at who's doing what, and who the real power players are around here. All the above mentioned people and shops are friends of mine, and I can without a doubt say that they are a large part of what drives this community. Its not the shops that post up "best prices on ___ product" its not the vendors that spend all their time and efforts on marketing a product that they put their name on after someone else made it, its not the people that post whore about their latest greatest shinny part, its not the people who sit around at meets BSing... Its the guys putting in the grunt work gather every bit of info they can, the guys that religiously go out of their way to make sure people are taken care of, its the guys with the knowledge.
    Eat me

Well for the most part I feel like theres no need to go out of my way to help out if its not appreciated... I have my resources and I have worked pretty hard for them as well as my experience with not only the evo but general mechanics as well.... I have tested things for members here, I have gone well out of my way to provide information to people that I thought would be helpful, I have sold things here absolutely dirt fvcking cheap in order to help people out, I have tried to offer as many of my connections as possible to help the community, driven to peoples houses I have never met before in order to help them for absolutely no money, I get phone calls on my cell from members every single day, and I can assure you that I handle every single one to the absolute best of my knowledge etc etc etc..... I am not a vendor here, I do not own a retail business, and I dont work for anyone that can in any way benefit from my efforts, I do this because I enjoy helping people and only for that reason. I have seen people get the brunt end of the stick several times and I have gone WAY out of my way to try to prevent this from happening again BUT people that hold high status in this community dont give a flying fvck about the community or who gets screwed in the community that they administer and/or moderate for, so why should I? From now on Im just going to be another one of those lame arses who uses the forum to bs on and not contribute anything worth while. I have met a lot of great people because of this site and I will as always help out anyone I can through pm, phone or in person, but I will not contribute anymore hard work to a forum that doesnt care about the community they cater to.

Theres a reason why I made more power on my piece of crap 2003 VIII then a lot of people do on their IX's, theres a reason why Jbfoco has made more power on his VIII with a stock turbo then anyone else in the area has, theres a reason why Sean (smack) holds records in nasa, theres a reason why people drive from LA to have Bryan tune their cars, theres a reason why SpeedElement had such a great showing last weekend, theres a reason why Paul Langlie's car is such a prominent figure in the redline street class with less then half the mods of other cars....... I can go on like this all day, but my point is, is that the community should open their eyes and really take a look at who's doing what, and who the real power players are around here. All the above mentioned people and shops are friends of mine, and I can without a doubt say that they are a large part of what drives this community. Its not the shops that post up "best prices on ___ product" its not the vendors that spend all their time and efforts on marketing a product that they put their name on after someone else made it, its not the people that post whore about their latest greatest shinny part, its not the people who sit around at meets BSing... Its the guys putting in the grunt work gather every bit of info they can, the guys that religiously go out of their way to make sure people are taken care of, its the guys with the knowledge.

Thank you stevo for all your help and info, i am starting to feel like this forum is lacking in the interest for technical knowledge and bsing and pwing is all that remains.
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports
    304whp/292wtq @ 23psi on 91 oct
    376whp/357wtq @ 27psi on E85

Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing

Autox Vids: Click here
    2008 SCCA Slush Series BSP Champion
    2008 UFO SM Champion
    2008 GGLC Open Class Champion

No problem Josh.. I hear you on that for sure and imo its only going to get worse.... As always man feel free to call me if you ever need anything.
    Eat me

Hate to say it because I hate Evom but

Evom v2.0 now without homepage!

In all seriousness. I know every1 is busy I've read all the threads. At times even refrained from commenting more than I have but it seems as though the lack of attention is causing a lack of quality overall on the forum. Kind of a "If the mods can't even get shi7 together then why should I care." mentality.

I know I'm some what guilty of it myself. ops: