Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leather Recaro Seats

Default Re: Leather Recaro Seats

oh, and I am more than happy to answer your questions.

I'll try to get more interest.. I'll keep you posted on that.

Hmmmm, so does the blowdrying technique do anything to leather other than relieve it of wrinkles? Like fading, weaker attributes, etc.

#1 killer of seats is when people sit on the seat bolster to get out of the car. If you properly place yourself in the seat without actually sitting on top of the bolster you can prevent creases. My seats almost look new after almost two years.

SE seats have a more firm leather that doesn't crease as easily as base model seats, but same rule applies. I even told my gf how to sit in the car properly.

When I see my fat ass friends sitting on the bolster I tell them you are either sitting in the car or you are outside of the car. Choose one.
    Proud Supporter of SPEEDELEMENT and GSTMOTORSPORTS

t00ned by Bryan@GST

sun do more damage than blow dryer... it's hotter and longer exposure...

keep it well conditioned and you should good...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
    I'll try to get more interest.. I'll keep you posted on that.

Hmmmm, so does the blowdrying technique do anything to leather other than relieve it of wrinkles? Like fading, weaker attributes, etc.

so true! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
    #1 killer of seats is when people sit on the seat bolster to get out of the car. If you properly place yourself in the seat without actually sitting on top of the bolster you can prevent creases. My seats almost look new after almost two years.

SE seats have a more firm leather that doesn't crease as easily as base model seats, but same rule applies. I even told my gf how to sit in the car properly.

When I see my fat ass friends sitting on the bolster I tell them you are either sitting in the car or you are outside of the car. Choose one.

Yep yeeep.. I agree JDMevoBOOST. You seem to be just as meticulous as I am. But the people with big asses, like me, arent they just basically out of luck? LOL

I'm gonna try the blowdryer method either today or tomorrow and I'll update this thread! I'm excited :lol: