Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Stealth Stock Airbox Mod

Quote Originally Posted by fcuk20s View Post
    but its funny when people go out and spend all this money for all the bling and the guy with cheaper parts makes the same power for 1/2 the price
    Yes! I've seen this many times. Unless you are paying $500 for a intake because you really want to support a company's overhead for all of their advertising in several countries, and their racing department, then the $100 will do just fine. The DSM community has been taking the do-it-yourself road for years and running 12s, 11s and 10s with no problem....but if you need to be "JDM Tyte yo" then go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTio View Post
    Looks nice and clean. When I did my air box I also applied silicone to my air cleaner base to insure that my filter was air tight. The only thing that worries me is that when the diverter valve releases boost pressure, there is an outward force on your filter/air box. Maybe in time it can loosen your filter and pop out. Also with all the vibrations and jolts we get out of our Evos, that can also loosen your filter with time. I would fabricate some sort of bracket to help secure your filter in place. It's just cheap insurance.
    i know i might put on some bolts later on. but i know the FIPG that toyota makes is very strong. i worked on cars that have never leaked oil from the oil pan from the seal and when i had to remove the pan i have to use a screwdriver and hammer. i m goin to keep n eye on the filter and go from there. and some more pics....

side with a light on it

where is the airfilter at

top pic

i also took a test drive and i was able to hold a good 17-18 psi after the spike, no tune, no bcs with turboback and LICP and DP. i m just waiting for my Ported exhaust manifold from PPI it has been 6 weeks i dont know what is taking so long

^ you can barely notice it good job
    2003 Evolution VIII

so is everyone using the briggs&stratton 3-5 hp k&n filter or are you guys using something else? this is a pretty stealth box.......props to you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sol_tegra View Post
    so is everyone using the briggs&stratton 3-5 hp k&n filter or are you guys using something else? this is a pretty stealth box.......props to you guys!!!
    Yeah, the trusty ol' Briggs & Stratton K & N is the one to use. I don't know if anyone else has experimented with another K & N filter type. We'll just have to wait and see.

^ thanks for the info.....