Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K&N short ram intake (anyone running this set up)

Default K&N short ram intake (anyone running this set up)

I was just looking around to find some feedback and details in terms of this part, they are CARB legal, and that is the main reason why I would like to maybe be in the market for one, however I have spoken to some people, and they told me for some odd reason their EVOs were running hotter than stock, so pretty much instead of improving their car performances this part was working in their disadvantage, although I was a bit surprise to hear that since the filter kit does come with a heat shield and aluminum piping.

Thanks everyone in advance
    3300 LBS. of stock sexyness
    Proud sponsor of :

Default Re: K&N short ram intake (anyone running this set up)

Does anyone have this part on their car? what do uounguus think ? thank you, for your feedback in advance, looking for advises, I found this part really cheap.
    Proud sponsor of :

Default i gots that part

Ive been running the K&N kit that you are describing for 2years and my evo never runs hot.

Quote Originally Posted by redevoguy View Post
    Ive been running the K&N kit that you are describing for 2years and my evo never runs hot.
    From what I have heard and read before, I am not too certain what exactly people mean by running hot though, what I do know is though, that since this intake is under the hood and despite of the fancy shnanzy CF shield, this intake system still expose to the hot temperatures under the closed hood. however a lot of other intake systems do look pretty similar to this, but the filtration material from the element might have a different construction or material, I do notice my car knocking a lot when cruising at a steady speed on the freeway and then if I were to accelerate.

how can you tell your car runs fine?
    Proud sponsor of :

Ive taken my car to EIP several times and there wasnt any knocking. did you have it checked out? all the intake designs are somewhat similar and im assuming the heats gonna effect it no matter what like you sayed.
    On another note im looking for a new shop to take my baby too. ive been to GST to have a clutch install but thats it. Everything else has been done from EIP.

ive had it installed on my car for nearly 5 years now... never seen any issues that could be intake related

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomotorhead View Post
    From what I have heard and read before, I am not too certain what exactly people mean by running hot though, what I do know is though, that since this intake is under the hood and despite of the fancy shnanzy CF shield, this intake system still expose to the hot temperatures under the closed hood. however a lot of other intake systems do look pretty similar to this, but the filtration material from the element might have a different construction or material, I do notice my car knocking a lot when cruising at a steady speed on the freeway and then if I were to accelerate.

how can you tell your car runs fine?
    CAI, or SE OMG Filter FTW!
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8 View Post
    ive had it installed on my car for nearly 5 years now... never seen any issues that could be intake related
    me too...and pareng jay also ran this same intake before w/o any issues..
    REVolution Motorsports
    Teamrev.net

Quote Originally Posted by jay206 View Post
    CAI, or SE OMG Filter FTW!
    SE OMG filter<3 thanks for the recommendation jay! I love it.
    03' Lancer Evolution VIII
    Apex Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyrk View Post
    SE OMG filter<3 thanks for the recommendation jay! I love it.
    dont get me wrong, I was thinking of the same before but all would be cool...until po-po asks u to pop your hood...
    REVolution Motorsports
    Teamrev.net