Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake tunning ?

Default Intake tunning ?

Hi everyone i was thinking about switching back to my stock intake and stealth moding it for a open element filter the thing is it has a dynoflash mail in flash for the injen intake kit walbro 255 and TBE do you think it would be safe to do this without retuneing because i wanted to wait to re-tune on some cams thanks
    Injen Lower IC pipe
    SE omg filter
    3" turbo back with test pipe
    Ebay o2
    buddyclub 272's
    spoolinup coil on plug
    ix turbo ported
    ix DV valve
    JDM MAP
    GM 3 port
    tein s-tech's
    JDM ix rear
    JDM tails
    do-luck rep CF lip

tuned by jay@boostedtuning

im thinking it might not matter to much because im gunna use the same filter just the rubber intake insted of the metal one gunna keep the licp on and put back stock uicp because haveing a car that stands out in a small towm really sucks when the cops have a hard on for you
    Injen Lower IC pipe
    SE omg filter
    Ebay o2
    buddyclub 272's
    spoolinup coil on plug
    ix turbo ported
    ix DV valve
    JDM MAP
    GM 3 port
    tein s-tech's
    JDM ix rear
    JDM tails
    do-luck rep CF lip

i was told it will matter, i would ask your tuner see what he says
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC

i wouldnt use dyno flash...unless you want to be part of the kaboom krew
    '05mR 335whp 320wtq FFtec Tuned BBS GSt Intake HKS 272 MBC Mobil1 Nisei RC 750 RRE Samco Snow Walbro Works'08X 276whp 264wtq Hallman Mobil1 Nisei Works '06sE 378whp 382wtq ACT ARP BBS Clifford Defi E-85 Ets Fic FFtec GReddy H&R Kelford Kenwood Mobil1 OMG Perrin RRE Titek Walbro

really the tune seems to be fine car pulls good although i did whant to take it to a dyno and have a custom tune put on it and see what it can put down anyone know a good tunner close by im about 3 hrs north of sac and what they charge thanks
    Injen Lower IC pipe
    SE omg filter
    Ebay o2
    buddyclub 272's
    spoolinup coil on plug
    ix turbo ported
    ix DV valve
    JDM MAP
    GM 3 port
    tein s-tech's
    JDM ix rear
    JDM tails
    do-luck rep CF lip

Quote Originally Posted by EviL_8 View Post
    really the tune seems to be fine car pulls good although i did whant to take it to a dyno and have a custom tune put on it and see what it can put down anyone know a good tunner close by im about 3 hrs north of sac and what they charge thanks
    No tuner in this forum. Period. Why? Coz NCE is the sux and banned the good contributing people that's why nobody is on here anymore, just noobs. (And I will bet my fat ass that I will get banned AGAIN for saying this )

Follow my sig. We'll be able to help you out and recommend you the best bay area Evo tuner there is; who cares for his customers and their cars.
    Last edited by bricel24; 04-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.

DynoFlash = the bomb! Literally. Get that out of your ECU before anything happens.

Im not a big fan of mail in flashes due to the fact that every car is different no two cars are the same...on the other statement ur tune will be thrown off a little bit by switching back to stock air box, nothing catostrophic but ur afr's are prob gonna run a little on the rich side.
    06 Evo IX MR___________

-GT35R
    -Built Head/Ported, 1mm overs
    -Built 2.0L
    -Shep Trans

Stock maf maxed out waiting for E-85 speed density setup

Since you threw in the flash have you had a chance to have it on a dyno?

At the very least if you don't have access to a local tuner or dyno i would try and find someone with an 02 sensor set-up like the innovate brand so you can at least make some pulls and have someone keep an eye out for you afr's.

If not we are located in Union City CA a bit of a stretch but well worth it!

No i havent been able to put it on a dyno yet im like 3-4 hrs away from nearest dyno i think im gunna get evoscan and do some logs and maby a wide band setup so i can compare the intakes and see if ther are any drastic changes and i would like to come down one day and get custom tuned so i can get some real numbers and reliable tune thanks for all the help guys
    Injen Lower IC pipe
    SE omg filter
    Ebay o2
    buddyclub 272's
    spoolinup coil on plug
    ix turbo ported
    ix DV valve
    JDM MAP
    GM 3 port
    tein s-tech's
    JDM ix rear