Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apexi Exhaust Valve Control

a lil did u checl out my vid its just like that it sounds nice though mi amigo
    Posted from my mobile device

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    hows the cutout work? is it like the dump pipe?
    it works just like running no exhaust
    2003 Evolution VIII

Im planning on running a set up like this, using a cut out of some sort, since cops around my area are pains in the arses. Although i honestly think about running a cut out after the cat, or "cat" (TP with a shield) I gotta some how hide it in case I do get pulled over and they decide to look around my car. I love the sound of loud cars but I do not want to take the risk to get state ref or get any tickets for silly infractions.

I'll let you guys know how this goes
    3300 LBS. of stock sexyness
    Proud sponsor of :

Hi. I'm new here just moved from oregon. I have a wastegate installed that is controlled by boot pressure. At something like 7-8 lbs it will open up and dump directly below the car. I also have a valve I can turn under the dash that will close it off totally or open it. So I have two levels of control.

I have a totally stock car other then a tune, and the cut out. Car put down 310 on dyno jet before I left with the cut out open. It was good for about 21 hp over the stock system and is practically undetectable.

I would recommend using a wastgate and not some flappy metal thing. It costs a bit more, but is silient under normal driving and is boost controllable and very durable.

good luck.

edit: sorry i also have a 3 inch down pipe, but stock intake.
    Last edited by elanderholm; 04-28-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elanderholm View Post
    Hi. I'm new here just moved from oregon. I have a wastegate installed that is controlled by boot pressure. At something like 7-8 lbs it will open up and dump directly below the car. I also have a valve I can turn under the dash that will close it off totally or open it. So I have two levels of control.

I have a totally stock car other then a tune, and the cut out. Car put down 310 on dyno jet before I left with the cut out open. It was good for about 21 hp over the stock system and is practically undetectable.

I would recommend using a wastgate and not some flappy metal thing. It costs a bit more, but is silient under normal driving and is boost controllable and very durable.

good luck.

edit: sorry i also have a 3 inch down pipe, but stock intake.
    Got any pics of the device on your car or vids for us?

I can try to get some picts of it tonight from underneath the car. I can take video with my phone of what it sounds like in the car...it's pretty crazy! But, I can turn it off totally so that's pretty nice.