Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clutch set up

Default clutch set up

At the moment, I am having some maintenance done with my VIII, I am changing out the timing, serpentine, balance belt, water pump, tensioner and going to change the clutch. I am using oem parts of course but the clutch, I want to go aftermarket. What is a good clutch set up to go with?
    03' VIII GSR - HKS RS Intake, Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE, HKS UICP W/ HKS SSQBOV, Full-Race Stock Replacement Manifold, IX Turbo...

Things Next On My List: 272 Camshafts, Cam Gears, Valves, Springs, Retainers and Tune

EXEDY Twin HD
    2003 Evolution VIII

LOL. That sounds EXPENSIVE. haha.
    03' VIII GSR - HKS RS Intake, Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE, HKS UICP W/ HKS SSQBOV, Full-Race Stock Replacement Manifold, IX Turbo...

Things Next On My List: 272 Camshafts, Cam Gears, Valves, Springs, Retainers and Tune

Quote Originally Posted by VIII View Post
    LOL. That sounds EXPENSIVE. haha.
    it was, but its worth it, i got mine couple weeks ago and im loving it...

Or you can go with Exedy Stage 1
    2003 Evolution VIII

Well, I'm not highly modded to get anything GREAT. Just something better than stock thats all.

I have the Exedy Stage 1 and I like it a lot. I'm not heavily either modded either. Its a good clutch and its a little better than stock. Not that expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    I have the Exedy Stage 1 and I like it a lot. I'm not heavily either modded either. Its a good clutch and its a little better than stock. Not that expensive either.
    Nice, who'd you get it from?

We can help get you squared away w/ a clutch to suit your needs.

If you are not planning on adding mor hp & tq in the future you'd probably want to stay away from a twin disc clutch especially if it's your DD.

You can go w/ something from Exedy or ACT which happen to be pretty common replacements or even Competition clutch which we've done on other cutsomer's Evos as well in the past.

Stay away from a non-sprung hub type disc like a "puck" plate as the engagement will be quite harsh again if you DD the car.

Give us a call at 510-475-5855 and speak to Sean, Ernesto, or Mike.

Ah, I see. Yea the car is DD right now and all I have on it is just TBE with titek 02 and intake. Nothing new yet to add on.

Exedy stage 1 should do the trick
    Law is order in liberty, and without order liberty is social chaos.