Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEM Tru Boost?

Default AEM Tru Boost?

Anyone running this? Just wondering because I am FINALLY going to start my boosting. Is it better than buying the Boost gauge and Boost controller separate? Since I wasn't even sure what boost controller to get I looked into this AEM one. Let me know asap. Thank you.
    03' VIII GSR - HKS RS Intake, Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE, HKS UICP W/ HKS SSQBOV, Full-Race Stock Replacement Manifold, IX Turbo...

Things Next On My List: 272 Camshafts, Cam Gears, Valves, Springs, Retainers and Tune

why get the tru-boost? just run the regular boost guage
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC

I was thinking about this one because of the controller was one with the gauge.
    03' VIII GSR - HKS RS Intake, Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE, HKS UICP W/ HKS SSQBOV, Full-Race Stock Replacement Manifold, IX Turbo...

Things Next On My List: 272 Camshafts, Cam Gears, Valves, Springs, Retainers and Tune

Use the stock ecu/solenoid to control boost. AEM tru boost would be way more complicated to set up to accomplish the same thing.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Hm. So tell me more about this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VIII View Post
    Hm. So tell me more about this. Thanks.
    Use ECUFlash. Most people replace the stock solenoid for a 3-port solenoid. That's what I currently use but was using a GST boost pill before that.

You can read up on ECU boost control at with these links:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...t-control.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...trol-mods.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...-solenoid.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...-solenoid.html
    Last edited by Ben; 09-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Thank you very much.

If you're planning on getting it tuned (which you should if you're turning up the boost) any tuner will be able to set up your ECU boost control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    If you're planning on getting it tuned (which you should if you're turning up the boost) any tuner will be able to set up your ECU boost control.
    Well, my cousin is goin to tune my car. But he told me to get bigger injectors, boost gauge and controller. So im lookin into the rc 1200 so he can size it down. Theni wasnt surr what controller to get. So im looking into those. Anything else i need to get?

Quote Originally Posted by VIII View Post
    Well, my cousin is goin to tune my car. But he told me to get bigger injectors, boost gauge and controller. So im lookin into the rc 1200 so he can size it down. Theni wasnt surr what controller to get. So im looking into those. Anything else i need to get?
    Fuel pump?