Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: launching

Default Re: launching

well i dont dump it...i know what happens..thats why im on clutch #4...i drag race alot and riding the clutch is my technique. and by the way the tc was $2500. and cluth was $500
    &quot;PUREVOL&quot;<br />Turbo XS intake, Halleman MBC, Helix 3&quot; DP, Perrin 3&quot; CAT DELETE, HKS Cat back exhaust and Clutch #4

2. Default Re: launching

High HP + High RPM clutch dumps usually = :shock:.......... :x.........

Especially on independant suspensions and then tack on the fact that we basically have a front and rear system to worry about plus a transfer case......

It was the same thing coming from 2 IRS Cobra w/ over 550 WHP.

Can't launch them like old school solid axle cars w/ slicks!
    WWW.FFTEC.COM<br /><br />WW 06 RS:<br />GT 35R / Built bottom / 25+ psi<br /><br />*Hope to see some 9&#039;s by years end!*<br /><br />Black 03 Cobra (sold):<br />KB 2.6L / Stock longblock / 21psi <br /><br />*10.85 @ 137 mph*<br /><br />Redfire 03 Cobra (sold):<br />Ported Eaton / Stock Longblock / 16psi <br /><br />*11.50 @ 121mph*

Ohh So true......

Quote Originally Posted by PATRICK
    High HP + High RPM clutch dumps usually = :shock:.......... :x.........

Can't launch them like old school solid axle cars w/ slicks!
    '06 IX WW RS

you can really only get away with one or 2 6k launches if you have some meat on your clutch, but dont do them in succesion, I can promise you if you do you will see your rpms/boost rise as you creep forward.

even if you put a act/exedy clutch in your tcase most likely will be the next to go. more so in 03's.
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/esco4444/l_f04ef0c75e1a46c45c8b04c941439ea3.gif&quot; alt=&quot;Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting&quot;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;<br /><br />

dunno..I did like 9 5500 clutch drops just fine at the track
    http://www.mensalmanac.com

Dunno what's easier but instead of pulling the clutch sensor line you can easily up the launch rpms in Ecuflash Need to figure out how to get that restrictor thing removed.

i used to launched my car..around 5kpedaling it...then let it rip

Quote Originally Posted by stockIX
    Dunno what's easier but instead of pulling the clutch sensor line you can easily up the launch rpms in Ecuflash Need to figure out how to get that restrictor thing removed.
    just get a SS clutch line..although im not sure if the abuse is worth a few thousands off your 60ft time

9. Default Re: launching

Quote Originally Posted by UCB
    dunno..I did like 9 5500 clutch drops just fine at the track
    .....and how were your 60 ft times?

Any of you guys ever actually try different techniques at the track to see what works best because everytime at the track will be a different story......
    WWW.FFTEC.COM<br /><br />WW 06 RS:<br />GT 35R / Built bottom / 25+ psi<br /><br />*Hope to see some 9&#039;s by years end!*<br /><br />Black 03 Cobra (sold):<br />KB 2.6L / Stock longblock / 21psi <br /><br />*10.85 @ 137 mph*<br /><br />Redfire 03 Cobra (sold):<br />Ported Eaton / Stock Longblock / 16psi <br /><br />*11.50 @ 121mph*

lol they sucked, but my tire pressure was way to low so I was bogging. My friend did the same thing and was cutting 1.7/1.8s all day but his tires were much less sticky than mine